Eudora Mail Program's Going Open!

I didn't see this anywhere in the forums. The most excellent (IMO) email program Eudora which has a lot of great features has gone Open Source! Well, actually it's going OS. This is the last release that is paid and then they are teaming up with Thunderbird. They aren't saying it but I'm guessing they will eventually merge into one "Eudorabird" product. (I hope they don't call it that! :) )

Read a little about it at Wired Magazine.

I purchased Eudora about 15 years ago if memory serves and it simply rocks - For portability I switched to Gmail since it's web based but I'm anxious to see where they end up with this!

I read about it earlier this week and even blogged about it on my own site. I used to use Eudora eons ago and I really liked it. But then came better clients and I switched. I will be giving the new Eudora a try when it is released.

I love how old established programs are reinventing themselves using the new Mozilla products. Netscape releases a new version based on the Firefox code, Eudora releases a new version based upon (and partly written by) Thunderbird.

Hopefully they'll just incorporate the good parts into the existing Thunderbird product instead of trying to make T-bird like Eudora. I too used it a long time ago and loved it, especially some of the features - I'm hoping they don't mess things up too, Jim.