sanderson

Rgb To Cmyk

I am using PhotoShop for printing purposes. But having difficulty to convert RGB files into CMYK to send it to prepress. What should I do? The problem is that it shows huge difference in colours of both profiles.

Edited by sanderson

It converts but as I said there is a huge difference between both prints. It I try to do it manually it becomes more messy at my end. How to tackle this, for 100% matching?

Yes Mr. Don, I went there and saw lots of options are there. Which to choose? Currently it is set to US web coated (Swoop).

Your scanner almost certainly generates RGB information. Don't worry, that's how it's supposed to work. In fact, you should leave your color files in RGB mode until you need to finalize your project, or until you need to know CMYK ink values so you can match colors in another program. While you are working you can check how your files are going to look by turning on the "CMYK preview" mode.

Don't make repeated changes between RGB and CMYK mode, using the mode menu. Every time you switch, a little clarity is lost. One switch is no problem; 20 switches makes a difference.

RGB files are 25% smaller and therefore 25% faster to work with and easier to store.

The SWOP CMYK gamut is pretty small. If you ever want to reproduce those files for a different medium (such as the web), you'll have thrown away some potentially useful information.

;)

Edited by TCH-Thomas