Small Problem With Outgoing Mail...

hey there folks..

I'm on server 8, domain is draynet.com

I'm trying to send out emails to many different recepients I get this error..

Task 'draynet.com - sending' reported error : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error.  If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 503 Valid RCPT TO <recipient> must preced DATA'

really wierd. I can send email to myself though..

any ideas?

• 4 months later...

I've been getting the following error when I try to send email:

Task 'mail.billweeks.com - sending' reported error (0x800CCC65) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 503 Valid RCPT command must preced DATA'

I see one other user had this error but it appears have ...gone away.

Note that the error I receive is slightly different but the error code (503) is the same.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 years later...

This kind of issues may resolve with any of the following Solution;

1. Pop before smtp -- check your email for new mail before trying to send email. This adds your IP address to a relayhosts file and allows any email to be sent from that IP address for up to 30 minutes. After 30 minutes you have to authenticate again.

2. Configure your email client to authenticate automatically by checking the "my server requires authentication" box in you r email configuration. You will be able to send mail without having to "pop" your mail box first.