Zentrack Help

jayc

Am attempting to install zenTrack to take it out for a test spin as a help desk application for a customer

Am having a problem

they recommend putting the includes directory outside of the public_html branch for security purposes and then pathing to it from a config file. Not sure how to path to that level

I put it in at the same level as the public_html directory, then used

$libDir = "/home/<site_name>/includes"; in the config file to point at it, not sure this is right, do not get any error message when I try to access it, but I cannot log into the application either,

Anyone tried to install this one before ? Hopefully with more success

jay clark

If you created the includes folder at the same level as public_html you may have specified the path incorrect.

The correct path would be as follows:

>/home/cPanel-ID/includes

It's the cPanel ID not the site-name.

cPanel-ID = your TCH cPanel login name

If you created the includes folder at the same level as public_html you may have specified the path incorrect.

The correct path would be as follows:

>/home/cPanel-ID/includes

It's the cPanel ID not the site-name.

cPanel-ID = your TCH cPanel login name

Ok, you are correct it is the cPanel ID not the site name, my bad

Ok, so the includes are correctly pathed, but I still cannot log in to the application, lemme try some more stuff, was hoping that someone else had tried out zenTrack and had some hints on how to make it play on TCH.

Jay,

Thats not your home phone number up there is it? If so, I am not sure you want that all over the internet or not. Just a thought.

My office number, I don't think there is a big risk in my office number being flooded with phone calls from a post here

jayr

Just making sure, I know some have mistakenly put in information that they were not aware would be out there for the whole world to see.

If I can get some time tonight I will play with it and see what I can come up with. I have downloaded it and will play with it later to see what I come up with.

Think I got it. I was having the same problem, I could not log in to it with and default user pass combination at all that were given in the install docs.

A little looking on their forums and I found that even though I did an import of "build_mysql.sql" in phpMyAdmin, I never imported "seed_mysql.sql". After I did that, I could log in without problems.

If this does not work then please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
A little looking on their forums and I found that even though I did an import of "build_mysql.sql" in phpMyAdmin, I never imported "seed_mysql.sql". After I did that, I could log in without problems.

If this does not work then please let me know.

Rob,

So far I am very impressed with zenTrack, am recommending it to a couple more customers. The original customer commented that he did not think he could use it to organize his reporting the way he wants so I did a survey of other help desk / trouble ticket packages available and came up with a list of about 10 that matched the high level requirements, however I think zenTrack is still the best bet. If there is a way to upload attachements here I will post a copy. (tried the upload function here but got an error message that said I did not have the nessasary permissions)

I had the same problem with seeding and figured it out, also please note that for some reason I cannot insert the whole seed installation file at the same time, but doing it section by section (while a pain in the butt) worked for me.

For production systems you can select out some of the bins, tasks and so on for a cleaner installation for a specific customer. Which kinda makes up for the additional step in the installation process.

I am still having a couple of problems that I am working on

Outbound email (notifications) - need to figure out how to patch zt to use the TCH mail system

Inbound email - apparently I have to configure a full blown gateway to be able to let users send in trouble reports by email, checking this out as I think it is a really useful feature

Attachements - Appear to upload ok, however are not attached to the trouble ticket, probably a config issue, working on it

Conclusions on zenTrack

This seems to be the real deal for help desk/trouble ticket systems. Worth the effort to continue struggling with it to be able to offer it to customers who need a way to unify a development group / sales staff that are geographicly disperse.

Like all open source packages it is not "free" when you consider the total cost of ownership, but it seems to be a full-featured, low maintenance, package that I can offer to my customer base

jayr