Sign in to follow this  
runninghorse

Joomla & Register_globals

I have several Joomla sites (all hosted under my reseller acct, which is of course hosted here). The last one I updated to 1.0.11 (which is the most current), I had to apply a fix to my .htaccess file to turn the register_globals off. It worked like a charm. (php_flag register_globals off to my .htaccess file). Now, I'm working on upgrading another website, and after upgrading went fine, I went to apply the fix. However, this time, it doesn't work. Nothing else is different but I can't for the life of me get it to work. Any ideas?

I have several Joomla sites (all hosted under my reseller acct, which is of course hosted here). The last one I updated to 1.0.11 (which is the most current), I had to apply a fix to my .htaccess file to turn the register_globals off. It worked like a charm. (php_flag register_globals off to my .htaccess file). Now, I'm working on upgrading another website, and after upgrading went fine, I went to apply the fix. However, this time, it doesn't work. Nothing else is different but I can't for the life of me get it to work. Any ideas?

Are any errors output? What tells you it's not working?

Is the whole site not working or some modules?

There are lots of modules not working after applying the fix, but that is not a joomla problem itself, more of a problem for respective module maker to fix.