MellyBelly

Mt Photoblog?

Does anyone know any good tutorials or templates for making a photoblog in MT? I used to have the one by Quixiotic Pixels, but she doesn't offer the template anymore.

I kind of want something like this site http://www.love-productions.com/snap/

I tried the photoblog tutorial she has and it didn't look right for some reason.

Try Byrne Reese's Photo Gallery plugin. It's the best looking MT based gallery I've found. Based on the templates from Stop Design. I use it for my gallery here. I've run accross a couple of bugs, but mostly it's a good plug in.

You can download it here, more complete documentation is here. Be careful which version you download. You need at least MT 3.2. PhotoGallery 1.4 is for MT 3.2, 1.7 for the new MT 3.3x.

If you are planning to upgrade to MT 3.3x and haven't yet, do that first. I've had some issues with PhotoGallery from the upgrade and they aren't quite resolved yet.

Well, I wanted to come back here and say that I'd have to withdraw my recomendation fo r PhotoGallery. Wiht the MT 3.3 upgrade, at least for me, it's quite broken. I don't know what to do and I haven't gotten much from the plug in developer on it. It's a side project for him, I don't really blame him, but it's dissapointing. It produces very nice galleries, but in 3.3 it simply doesn't work for me.

Hopefully it'll get fixed at some point.

Well, after letting my galleries languish with what I thought was a broken plug in, I discovered the problem was me. I had inadvertently disabled part of the plugin and failed to notice. :) That would tend to mess things up. After correcting that, it works great once again.

So I once again recommend Photogallery 1.7 (better docs here) with MT 3.33. The best looking galleries I've found with MT.