smgcircle

Imap Idle Command

A question well suited for the help desk. Link at top of page or in my signature.

How come it's a question for the help desk? It's not a problem, it's just an inquiry about the capabilities of the hosting software. I'd also love to know this. With IDLE support you can have push email service for free on any PDA, for example.

Because the mods are volunteers here and don't have access to server configurations. If you have a specific server related question the help desk is the place to ask it.

It's not quite a "specific server related" question, it's just a feature of the hosting service (like having a full-featured IMAP mail or limited), and may be of interest to a few other folks who look for a hosting provider.

Most probably I won't switch to another hosting provider because of this, but if I were looking for hosting now, I would most definitely opt for a hosting with IDLE support.

Anyway, I'll open a ticket and post reply here so that others may find the answer.

The reply from Help Desk is negative. IDLE is not supported by TCH.

Vangrieg --

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I may have to leave TCH after 3+ very happy years because of this not being supported.

smgcircle