Sign in to follow this  
whatever

Domain Reg Question

Ok this may be a dumb question but I have no other place to ask it so here goes.

A year ago a friend of mine bought a domain for me (projectwonderboy.com) from another website. Now that year has run out and he couldn't buy the domain again so now I have to. I didn't want to renew the domain through his website, I would rather just keep everything in one place and buy it from you guys. The domain has now expired, how long do I have to wait until I can purchase it through you guys? I just figured they would give my friend a day or two to buy it back before letting it go to whoever wants it.

Well alot of this may depend on the other company, I'd read through all their small print seeing about any legalities you may have missed, but I'd say you should be able to either transfer or register it with us with little to no problem at all!

i may be wrong but i think there is either a 30 or 60 day period that you have to wait before an expired domain name can be purchased again. gimme a few minutes and i'll find out

I think it's a 30 day period during which the 'old owner' can still pay for it, then a 90 day period before it goes back on the open market.

Andy

i love google

What happens if don't renew my domain name? -

If you do not renew your domain your account will be deactivated. If you have a web site online it will no longer be accessible. About 30-45 days after the expiration date the domain name will be deleted from the registry and will be made available to others to register.

# What happens if I fail to renew my domain name?

If you do not renew your name before its expiration date there is a very strong possibility that you will lose your name. There is a short unspecified grace period during which you can still recover your name, but it is not guaranteed. Do not rely on simply re-registering your name again at a later time -- there are published reports that show all expired domain names being returned to the global registrar database for public availability. Domain brokers frequently acquire expired names and sell them for substantial profit.

Edited by leezard

If your domain expires you have up to 45 days before the regisrtar ( where it is registered at this time ) lets it go. If it is a .com ot .net then NetSol puts it in a redemption period for 30 days and then within 5 days after that the domain is up for grabs by the general public if a broker doesnt get it.

You can Backorder Any name, Any time -- $18.95 from TCH as well to give yourself the edge. :)

Here is what I see;

Domain Name: PROJECTWONDERBOY.COM

Registrar: GANDI

Whois Server: whois.gandi.net

Referral URL: http://www.gandi.net

Name Server: NS1.TOTALCHOICEHOSTING.COM

Name Server: NS2.TOTALCHOICEHOSTING.COM

Updated Date: 28-jun-2003

Creation Date: 27-jun-2002

Expiration Date: 27-jun-2004

If the expiration is correct then you are good for another year and can forget my last post.

Whoa, sorry for the latness here guys, but thanks a lot! You really helped me out, I ad to resign with the old guys but I will transfer it to TCH soon.

Rock Sign