gorriedt

Any Mac Users Have A Preferred Ftp App?

Hey Everyone,

So I'm about to go nuts with uploading files to my server. I am currently using Fetch and Transmit (which ever roll of the dice I feel like using!) - and I'm uploading 4-6 QTime or WMV files to my server, and it ALWAYS drops the connection, stalls, or just quits (probably because of a dropped connection).

Anyone have ANY ideas as to why this would happen? Is there a way to figure it out? I'm mildly advanced in computers, so bring it!

-Dave

Have you tried uploading via the cpanel file upload?

(I often use that at work, as ftp is blocked).

Have you tried uploading via the cpanel file upload?

I do use that at work from time to time, and it works great in a pinch...but the main problem seems to be when I'm at home. I'm generally uploading video files which are around 20-50MB each. I'll get throught the first one, then I get the boot. I don't know if it's my actual ISP connection, because it always reaches the end of the file, then stalls or can't connect to the server.

I also have a few clients that have the same issue (all on TCH servers) - they load large files (audio OMF and other large files) and have the same problems!

I really have no answers for you regarding the timeout issue, but use a freeware FTP program called Cyberduck. I regularly upload video files to my website -- though they're more in the 5-15MB range and only one or two at a time -- with no problems.

I think your problem would be more related to a ISP issue vs. a problem with an FTP program. But what do I know?