Blog by Email - mail server question

brycefinney

Did you activate the feature from within Wordpress? I've tried it before and it does work.

Hmm, I'm not sure how I would "activate" it. All I see on the page is textboxes for entering mail server (mail.mybuddyandme.com) port number (110 - this was already set) login name (myaddress@mybuddyandme.com) and password. I don't see any options for activating/deactivating. Is it somewere in the PHP script itself or have I gotten one of these settings wrong?

Are you running the wp-mail.php file? Once you get it working manually you set up a cron job to run the wp-mail.php file.

Just adding the email address/password to the admin area of your blog will not poll the email account for messages to post. You have to load the wp-mail.php file which processes the email account and posts the entries.

Are you running the wp-mail.php file? Once you get it working manually you set up a cron job to run the wp-mail.php file.

Just adding the email address/password to the admin area of your blog will not poll the email account for messages to post. You have to load the wp-mail.php file which processes the email account and posts the entries.

You're a genius as always. Can you take a look at my test post (the latest post) at www.mybuddyandme.com/home/ though and see if you can figure out what's happening w/ the weird formatting?

Edited by brycefinney