waynej

Main Account - Quota

In cPanel you can Change Quota on email accounts but not the Main Account. What is the quota on the main account - whatever your disk quota will allow? And is it a good idea to not use this address for your personal email, reserving the main account for important things related to the domain?

I believe your are correct on the limits for the main account.

I do not use miine as it is my cpanel name and would not make a good address.

And I set my default to :fail:

I don't like to use the main email account for anything as it's my cPanel username, and I have no need to share my cPanel username with anyone - that's half the information someone needs to break into the account.

You should set up real email accounts and set the quotas accordingly. While you're setting up email accounts, you should also enable SpamAssassin and set your default address to :fail: as Don said.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't realize that the default mailing address isn't really needed for anything like for administrative stuff. As long as you have an email account for "Please update your contact information here.", I guess that's all TCH needs.

And for the contact address make sure its not from your site

so you can be contacted if your site is down.

I use my ISP email address.