New Camera

GvilleRick

I've been looking at digital SLR cameras for a while and the price finally dropped to my "too good to pass up" range so I picked up a Pentax *ist DL at my local Circuit City this past week. I had the chance to play around with it on a trip to Pittsburgh. The attached picture is one of my favorites. It is a view of the Pittsburgh skyline taken from the riverwalk outside of PNC Park.

post-8681-1153497002_thumb.jpg

Honestly, I like the original better. In YNK's version the whites of the tall building for example are pretty washed out and the bridge hurts my old eyes :). The original has awesome color saturation and I'm sure the reason the buildings are dark in places is that the sky is so bright it triggered the camera down a notch.

Rick, was that with the Auto setting or did you tweak the settings at all?

I shot all of the shots on the auto setting just to see how it will respond. I am heading to Gatlinburg this afternoon and will be playing around more with the settings. I bought a 2X teleconvertor in Pittsburgh and used it at the baseball game Tuesday night but was not real pleased with the results. When I got home I looked at other lenses. I purchased a telephoto lens (80-200mm) and will be playing with it some this weekend. I also looked at a 75-300mm lens (FA J 75-300) but the 80-200 was only $5 more than the 2X telecovertor so I exchanged it for the lens. The 75-300 lens was $120 more.

I tried to upload a pic (110k, 800x533) here using "File Attachments" and got this message:

The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error.

Isn't that how GvilleRick and youneverknow uploaded their images? Is there a problem, or am I doing something wrong?