Sqmail Login Url Error

Hello All,

This is a two part question,

Part A...

I'm having an issue with my direct url to squirrelmail. When I try to log into

http://www.my_tch_domain/sqmail

it gives me the following error

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.5/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/USER:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.5/index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.5/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/USER:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.5/index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/usr/local/squirrelmail-1.4.5/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

The only way I can get my users into mail is to use the http://www.my_tch_domain:2095 which gives them the option of sqmail or horde. I'd like to avoid having the option.

Part B...

A long time ago (several years) I found a post that gave instructions on how to incorporate sqmail login info via a script that I could put into a custom webmail login page. I.E. people can go to webmail.universitychapel.org and see a familiar page with a username / login form and then log into their mail.

I've tried to find the page through the forum search, but to no avail. If anyone knows how to do this or happens to remember which forum post have the information, I'd really appreciate it.

Any help is greatly welcomed. TCH is the best web host, obviously.

- dan.

• 1 year later...

Hello Y'all,

This issue has resurfaced,

now when we go to http://www.universitychapel.org we receive

Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/sqmail//index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/***/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/usr/local/sqmail//index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

please let me know if you can help; or if I should start a new thread.

thanks so much,

- dan

Hi Dan,

First I must admit that I did not check the whole site, but when visiting the homepage of your site, I did not see any problems with it.

Also, I have edited your post to exclude the cpanelusername mentioned in the error description. Please do not post any user sensitive info such as cpanel usernames in the public for your own safety. :)