Sign in to follow this  
Lifeguard Sleeping

Help! Invision Board Went Bezerk!

i keep getting this error message when i try to access any of the forums:

mySQL query error: SELECT COUNT(tid) as count FROM ibf_topics WHERE approved=1 and forum_id='23'

mySQL error: Can't open file: 'ibf_topics.MYI'. (errno: 145)

mySQL error code: 1016

what can i do to fix it?

the forum is here: www.slackerbitch.org/forum

I just tried too and got basically the same error

mySQL query error: SELECT COUNT(tid) as max FROM ibf_topics WHERE forum_id='23' and approved='1' and (last_post > 1053983864 or pinned=1)

mySQL error: Can't open file: 'ibf_topics.MYI'. (errno: 145)

mySQL error code: 1016

Date: Wednesday 25th of June 2003 05:17:44 PM

Go to CPanel, on the bottom you have a link to phpMyAdmin: click it.

In phpMyAdmin, open the database (left side of the window) where you have IPB's tables. Then select the 'ibf_topics' and, on the dropdown box right beneath the table list, where it says "With selected:", choose the "Repair" option.

If that doesn't do the trick, try selecting one of the other options: Analyze/Check/Optimize...

I think it's the "Repair" option but since I never know which one is the right one, I always tell people to try them all... :(

Go to CPanel, on the bottom you have a link to phpMyAdmin: click it.

In phpMyAdmin, open the database (left side of the window) where you have IPB's tables. Then select the 'ibf_topics' and, on the dropdown box right beneath the table list, where it says "With selected:", choose the "Repair" option.

If that doesn't do the trick, try selecting one of the other options: Analyze/Check/Optimize...

I think it's the "Repair" option but since I never know which one is the right one, I always tell people to try them all... :)

obrigado! já está! :D

Talk about surprises! A Portuguese fellow here at the TCH forums! :D

the messy thing is that meanwhile i am losing topics on the forum and the forum is constantly needing the tables to be repaired... :(

talk about starting with a left foot :lol:

the forum is only one week old and it's already giving trouble, i hope it starts to behave better sfter it is checked, or else people will lose confidence in using it... :(

the funny thing is that i use a phpBB forum on another domain i have here and it never gave me a single problem... :/

Hi,

Having dicussed with other guru's, the problems lies with invisions interaction with sql, not apache.

If the forum is only 1 week old, then I might suggest that you build a new one, but in phpBB as like you said, seems to be more stable then the latest rendition of Invision

Jim

but it's the same as you use here for support!

why does it work here and it doesn't work for me?

and it's only one week old but it's got 2045 posts, that i prefer not to lose!

and if the people from Invision say it will be fixed by rebuilding Apache from CPanel's EasyApache, why don't you do it over there?

OK -

I Just realized you placed the domain name in your first post.

I am taking a look at your server now.

thanks Head Guru! ;)

that's great of you guys! Rock Sign

i don't know if IPB ppl are right or not... i just browsed through their support forums and quoted them.

i'm just amazed that since you and many other ppl from here have Invision boards that are working, mine is giving me all this headache.

do you think that upgrading it to version 1.2 will solve anything?

Hi,

Upgrading to the latest version is always a good idea unless its been advised againest.

Lets see what Head Guru comes up with

Jim

Ive done some research and am now making some changes to server27.

Apache might just be the cause of this, so we are rebuiding the apache build right now.

Keep a close eye on this and let me know if the problem shows up again.

Thanks for your support and business.

Bill

Help, I am also running Invision Power Board version 1.2 and recently getting the same errors. I have been using it about a month now and all of a sudden two instances of this same error (mySQL error code: 1016) on two different tables. One error just an hour ago and the other a couple days ago. My site http://www.davidvaldes.com on server 26. As was stated earlier, this is suspected to be a cpanel/apache issue that is fixed by rebuilding Apache from CPanel's EasyApache. I also know of someone running vBulletin (not hosted here) who lost an entire database due to an automatic cPanel upgrade with his web hosting company. Why the instability with cPanel? Is there any way to prevent the problem from happening in the future? I do not want to have to rebuild tables all of the time. Your help is greatly appreciated.

It has been a month here at Total Choice and so far very pleased with the value you offer. I wish I had discovered you sooner--before I spent money on another hosting plan which still has 6 months to go.

Help, I am also running Invision Power Board version 1.2 and recently getting the same errors. I have been using it about a month now and all of a sudden two instances of this same error (mySQL error code: 1016) on two different tables. One error just an hour ago and the other a couple days ago. My site http://www.davidvaldes.com on server 26. As was stated earlier, this is suspected to be a cpanel/apache issue that is fixed by rebuilding Apache from CPanel's EasyApache. I also know of someone running vBulletin (not hosted here) who lost an entire database due to an automatic cPanel upgrade with his web hosting company. Why the instability with cPanel? Is there any way to prevent the problem from happening in the future? I do not want to have to rebuild tables all of the time. Your help is greatly appreciated.

It has been a month here at Total Choice and so far very pleased with the value you offer. I wish I had discovered you sooner--before I spent money on another hosting plan which still has 6 months to go.

Anyone out there? What is the status of rebuilding Apache from cPanel's EasyApache on server 26. Details in quote.

Hi David..

Added to the work que.. Late today or early tommorrow at the latest.

I just got this error today too.

I'm on server20.

This is the second time this has happened. I'm at work and can't get into my cPanel from here, but I'll be able to repair my database when I get home.

But I don't want to have to keep repairing the tables every time this happens.

My post back on June 17 was made here (but I just repaired the table then):

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/i...wtopic=2255&hl=

According to InvisionBoard, CPanel and MySQL 4 have issues. CPanel did release a patch to fix this. Could you guys do the fix for server20 too, please?

Not that TotalChoice needs this, but for anyone else interested in this problem, I found some info on this whole thing:

According to the second post at the CPanel forums, a simple rebuild of Apache doesn't fix the problem. Apparently, the instructions in post at the vBulletin forums is what is needed to be done to fix this error properly.

Info from IBF:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...ST&f=70&t=56982

Info from CPanel (if you're registered there):

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=...&highlight=1016

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=...&highlight=1016

Here's some other info I found:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread....?threadid=69070

Ok - it just happened again. Twice today.

I'll start a new thread to relate to my particular case.

I was getting an error too, but my board is back. However now my C-Panel is timing out. And when I *could* get to it, it wouldn't let me go to the place to repair the sql. Full moon time? :)

In such a case, your best option is to submit a help desk ticket and let the techs see what the problem is.

Raul, if it does it again, and lasts longer, I surely will :) I'm almost glad I couldn't get to the CPanel at that point, I might have messed up something! :)