Ie Keeps Closing On Me

LunarMagic

This is a recent development, started about two days ago... suddenly every time there's an error retrieving a page, IE closes. Which makes it really really annoying. My site is being transfered and the old site has issues, so this happens OFTEN right now. Does anyone know if there's some sort of preference checkbox that was unwittingly checked? I looked throuhg, couldn't find anything that would contribute to this strange behaviour...

Go to tools --> options --> advanced tab -->

click restore defaults..

If you still have the problem, it sounds to me like you might have some sever adware / spyware on your comptuer..

Either way, I recommend downloading spybot search and destroy and running it on your computer to check and see if it's there.

/dnm

(to find it, go to download.com or just google it)

You can always un-install IE, and then go to the windows Update page and re-install it. If you don't have a broadband connection it will take you a while though......but I had a problem similar to that once before and that's what I ended up doing. If it weren't for web site building, I wouldn't even have IE anywhere near my 'puter though... Head Bash It drives me nuts most of the time when I use it......and if I could afford "Dream Weaver", I'd throw FP away too! :(

ImaD

You can always un-install IE, and then go to the windows Update page and re-install it. If you don't have a broadband connection it will take you a while though......but I had a problem similar to that once before and that's what I ended up doing. If it weren't for web site building, I wouldn't even have IE anywhere near my 'puter though... Head Bash It drives me nuts most of the time when I use it......and if I could afford "Dream Weaver", I'd throw FP away too! :)

ImaD

before u do that though make sure you have another browser that you can use to redownload IE from microsoft.

Just thought I would add that. Thumbs Up

Hi,

If its IE 6 it could be a bit of a nightmare to reinstall or remove from your computer. You may have to remove every IE patch before being able to reinstall.

I would suggest you search the microsoft support database (which I must grudgley agree is a very good) and see what it turns up

Jim