What Is The Path To Php?

kahill

/usr/bin/php is the path

The app didn't take that path. It says it can not find it. Any other ideas?

The description of the field I am trying to fill is:

Path to php binary. You should specify full path to your PHP interpreter here.

Edited by kahill

not sure, try /usr/local/php/bin/php just for kicks.

Sure... I'll try anything once :D

Unfortunately, it didn't work.

I'm trying to install Dolphin Dating Script for one of my clients. I ususally don't have any issues, but this one have several unresponsive fields in the installation program that needs a path, but can not find it and the default and one first suggested doesn't work. Either one of them "should" have worked..... :(

Sounds like it's ticket time, just to be sure. The admins will be able to give you the exact path to PHP.

I finally understood their install manual. The field needs the full path directly to the file (for the php interpreter) which is php.exe.

Odd indeed... should be no "exe"...

Hmmm. That seems to be the issue. The script is built to run in Windows environ.

Well ......... at least the documentation and installation manual is consistent. Poor all the way through. The script is php, but the site nor the install manual lists the system requirements.

:D thanks guys.

Karen

It looks like Dolphin Dating Script is the same thing as aeDating (http://www.aewebworks.com/products.htm).

If so, the system requirements are:

aeDating requires at least 10Mb of space and 200K of MySQL DB space for installation. Your host must have any Linux/Unix (RedHat, Debian, FreeBSD, Mandrake, etc.) or Windows OS, Apache Web Server, PHP 4.1 and higher (Apache and CGI modules), MySQL 4.1 and higher, ImageMagick (for photos upload), SOX (for audio upload), SendMail or Postfix, Cron (Shell access (SSH) or other access to setting Cron Jobs required). Otherwise we will not be able to install aeDating properly.

So that's the problem and not the path to php.

Right - path is not the problem.

Not too sure about an "aeDating". My client sent his download and PDF manual from Dolphin Software. I'll look into that further. Thanks for the notice on that info though ;)

K.