Photo Gallery

Head Guru

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After about 50 shots I finally managed to get a panning shot of a dragonfly yesterday.

It's not exactly david bailey but I was pleased to have got it.

:D

The dragonfly is the little dot in the middle.

:D

post-44-1058230734_thumb.jpg

I'm sensing you have a lot of patience, and a lot of spare time on your hands. :D

Awesome shot using panning technique!

Mav

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent photos, all! Wow! I love old cars.... ;)

• 4 weeks later...

A pic of the radio station where I work... The interesting thing about this is that it was taken with a digital camera a little smaller than a 15-stick pack of gum and costs something like $40 - the downside, obviously, being that the picture qulity leaves a little to be desired. B)

post-44-1062891402_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don,

The one like my avatar? It is a Green Tree Python, Morelia viridis. Native to Northern Australia and New Guinea as well as the surrounding islands, they are not an extremely social snake and a bit awkward on the ground. They aren’t a snake for the masses. They have large teeth and a hefty price tag but have some of the most stunning colors of any snake.

• 3 months later...

This is a picture of the moon over the Sandals Regency in St. Lucia. I'm afraid my digital camera is a dinosaur at 1.3 megapixels, but one works with what one has. :) It was neat to see the moon there because we never see it at that angle here in Illinois.

post-44-1078468146_thumb.jpg

This is the last one tonight, I promise!

Here is a pic of the gazebo at the Sandals Halcyon in St. Lucia. Couples who get married at the resort often have their receptions there.

By the way, if anyone is thinking about traveling to a Sandals in St. Lucia, feel free to e-mail me at kristi@gryfalia.com and I'd love to tell you all about it or answer any questions. :)

post-44-1078468486_thumb.jpg

A man and his pipes! Thumbs Up Came across this fella at the 1993 Edinburgh Cultural Festival, he was one heck of a piper. It's one of my favorite images of the many I've taken on trips to Scotland. Oh, and his HD pipes were pretty good looking, too! :(

post-44-1078544699_thumb.jpg

Thought I'd put this one out for those who love "the game" - me, I'm with the guy who said it's an awful thing to do to a perfectly nice walk! :(

This is the Club House and Pro Shop of the Old Course St. Andrews with the North Sea in the background.

post-44-1078561127_thumb.jpg

These pretty ladies showed up in my garden on March 9th - which for northern Ohio is a real treat! Of course, 3 days later we had snow, but they are holding their own and have been joined by purple and white crocus! Yeah, Spring will be here in 7 days!! :P

post-44-1079308161_thumb.jpg

Such beautiful flowers, Ninepatch! :)

A few of my neighbours have reported the beginnings of tulips and crocuses here in southern Ohio but I haven't been out to check them out yet. Nothing like getting into the spirit of Spring with first flowers of the season.

Thank you - and my purple and white crocus are jumping right up with them! Now, the weather folks have issued a winter weather advisory predicting up to 6 inches of snow by Noon Tuesday!

You gotta love Ohio weather!!

• 1 month later...