Photo Gallery

Head Guru

Kelly! Still lurking about in the shadows I see! :D

Great pic! I'm wondering what emotions and thoughts are going through Maui's mind. Like I can picture this: "Man, Dan Rather sure is a bore!" as Maui is subjected to watching the news yet again today. ;)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bush was planted a couple years after we moved into our house.. It was about 10 years old when that picture was taken. We moved out of that house soon after.. I really wanted to take George with me LOL but I don't think the condo association would like me digging up their lawn to plant him :P :lol:

Wonderful shot!

We have an Ocoee not far from where I live, but no river.

-Samantha

All,

I just wanted to take a minute and thank you. This thread has been a real treat for me this week and I look forward each day to reading it and learning more about each of you.

(Side note to Turtle: Yep! Doin' ok. Thank you :( )

The black/white of the little girl is just PRECIOUS!

Bill...that is an awesome shot of the little girl! Very nice!! Could you recommend some B&W film for an outdoor wedding? Techniques or tips? I only have a 35mm...nothing fancy.

ps: Natimage I dig your work in Colorado, snow two weeks ago? 

Yes...snow two weeks ago...there was also some snow where I was hiking last weekend. Don't have those pics yet though. I hate waiting for processing! Whip

Tracy

Tracy, I sent you an email re: your question....

I wanted to add one more pic to the post. for the last 4 years I have been photographing the 5 year old group from my kids daycare as they graduate into the kindergarten group, this year my son Alex was in that group, here he is! :D

post-44-1056757817_thumb.jpg

And here's one I just got back yesteday. This is the "Old Crystal Mill" just outside the ghost town of Crystal City. It's a VERY well known spot for photographers in Colorado. Takes about an hour to get down the 4 mile road that leads to it!!!!

post-44-1057147503_thumb.jpg

Back in the 1880's (or thereabouts), there was a big silver boom at this mill. The picture isn't actually the mill...it is the building that housed the hydrogenerator for the mill that used to stand beside it. The population of the city of Crystal was pretty solid back then (I can't remember the exact number). Then, not too many years later, I believe the mining became unproductive and almost everyone left the city of Crystal. There are old cabins still up there, and a few people inhabit the area in the summer. But, it is effectively a ghost town. Here is a pic from Crystal.

post-44-1057152020_thumb.jpg

And here's one I just got back yesteday. This is the "Old Crystal Mill" just outside the ghost town of Crystal City. It's a VERY well known spot for photographers in Colorado. Takes about an hour to get down the 4 mile road that leads to it!!!!

Nat - Your work is awesome. Take a look at this site when you have time.

http://webaperture.com

Do you live out in the sticks?

We got a hy-vee, fareway, aldi's, wal-mart, pamida, 3 hardware stores, 4 banks, radio shack, mc donalds, hardees, taco bell, kfc, subway, family video, and lots of other places.

Here are some pictures of my work area as of right now. I am going to build a full size bench someday.

workarea1.JPG

workarea2.JPG

products.JPG

Do you live out in the sticks?

We got a hy-vee, fareway, aldi's, wal-mart, pamida, 3 hardware stores, 4 banks, radio shack, mc donalds, hardees, taco bell, kfc, subway, family video, and lots of other places.

No.. don't really live in the sticks.. I live in New Jersey.. LOL We have WalMart.. Macys.. Sears... Home Depot... Lowes and all kinds of store.. Just not a lot that you mentioned :D :P

Nice setup you have there. I have a Dell Dimension 4500 that I got just about a year ago... I love it :lol:

Talk about sticks...I live in the sticks. An hour and a half to the closest Wal-Mart, two non-chain grocery stores, 3 convenient stores, 2 or 3 liquor stores, 2 hardware stores and several hand-fulls of churches!! shutup

Tracy

I live about two miles north of my village, pop 600

just added 2nd stop light, getting to big :huh:

Some of my pics

other01.jpg

Sand Hill Crane

other02.jpg

Reflection

other03.jpg

Paired For Life

other06.jpg

Rocky

other04.jpg

Storm over Sanford Lake

c04.jpg

Charlie

Beautiful pic Rick! I have a favor to ask.. would you mind if I used that image on my e-card site? I think it would make a great e-card....

And while I'm thinking about it...Turtle...I would like to talk to you about your images as well...

And while I'm thinking about it...Turtle...I would like to talk to you about your images as well...

No problem Doc,

you have my email,

let me know which ones, and what size.

I like your ecards, and will use them, so why not contribute.

Every Republicans Dream... A photograph with Sen. Norm Coleman (R-MN), the cool part is he is only one of two people to defeat Walter "Fritz" Mondale, the other being- RONALD REAGAN! woooot Bottom line is it was a great event and I had a great time!

Beautiful pic Rick! I have a favor to ask.. would you mind if I used that image on my e-card site? I think it would make a great e-card....

Sorry, I missed your question earlier. I have no problem with you using the pic. I'll have to find a couple more that I took that day. There were several that turned out pretty nice.

Oh what the heck, I wanna play to! Dance

This is a flower at Magnolia Plantation in S.C. that I took last year when I was stationed there in Charleston. Very nice place to take pictures as I'm sure Rickvz will agree with me.

Mav

post-44-1057822959_thumb.jpg

Here is another photo from Magnolia Gardens. I had to wait forever for a darned butterfly to land on a flower. Them crazy things don't stop moving for a second.

Mav

post-44-1057823088_thumb.jpg

Digital Camera

I have an Olympus 3040z digital 3.3 Megapixel with a cl1 tube adapter for Tiffen filters (43mm UV filter, and a Promaster 43mm Circular Polarizer Filter)

I like my Olympus, it takes awesome night photos with it's 1.8 f stop. I've enjoyed it for the last 1 1/2 years. I'm constantly experimenting with it taking different types of pictures. I definitely like taking panoramics with the digital camera. Makes those nice scenic trips alot more enjoyable.

Mav

I abosolutely adore my digital camera!! I use it all the time!!!

It's a Kodak EasyShare LS443... 4.0 Megapixel... She's by far the best thing I've ever bought!

Here's a picture of my little brother playing with a "Sparkler firework" on July 5