What Kind Of Guest Book Spam Is It?

greenworld

Hi,

I did install a guestbook ( Lazarus Guestbook advanced guest book I think ver.2.3) for my friend,

today I noticed that a long list of some text mixed with links has been posted under those comments.

I used to see guest book spam, that people leave links on guest book, but as a new comment,

I have not see this before,

it was totally 7 comments on the guest book, very short message, some into 2 line message,

but now under every comment there are over 34 line of text and links as html, the html was disabled. the links are not live,

how could this be?

to mention the spam are only under those comments which are 7, not more.

\

any help appreciated.

thanks

Hi,

Lazarus Guestbook and advanced guest book is not the same.

Lazarus is an rewriting of advanced guest book (as I understand) with new features and as I understand a bit more secure.

By the way, I just noticed that the advanced guest book, is on version 2.4.1 at the moment, so if you are using that you should really upgrade it, for security reasons etc.

Lazarus: http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/

Advanced guest book: http://proxy2.de/scripts.php

is it better in terms of security or not?
From what I hear from those who use it, yes.

Since it´s a rewrite of the Adv. guestbook, it should not be any problems.

From their f.a.q page (http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/Forum/index.php?board=8.0) about it:

Can I keep my Advanced Guestbook 2.3.x entries if I switch to Lazarus?

Yes. Simply put the same database information into the Lazarus config.inc.php file as you have in your Advanced Guestbook 2.3.x config.inc.php file then downloa the Advanced Guestbook to Lazarus file from the downloads page. You will also still have all your settings and smilies.

Lots of people here have gone from Adv. guestbook to Lazarus, so any questions you might have, someone will know the answer.

I use Lazarus guestbook. Infact I still use his very first version which is 1.4 And currently it is up to version 1.6 . I get no regular spam at all. And maybe once every 3 or 4 months I may get comment spam. But i have it set so i have to approve comments first.