World Cup Off And Running!

Germany won the first game of the World Cup 4-2 over Costa Rica. Awesome game! Now to settle back and watch the fun! (I am SO happy I bought an HD television!)

Man! The US game was downright embarassing! That looked more like the team we had in 1998. I hope they find something to help put some balls in the back of the net in the next three games.

Very true thomas...much better match from the Swedes.

I was also more impressed with the US side today. However, as a referee myself, I was embarrassed at the kind of game that the idiot was calling. That was terrible!

England Vs Sweden...

1 min in and Michael Owen has a nasty stumble, hes out and replaced by crouch the giant ;)

i've noticed i have not seen any images of sven goran eriksson yet on the tellybox! (sitting on a little box waving his sweden flag (possibly)) ;)

Sven_Beenhakker_L.jpg

oohh...

SWE 1 - 1 ENG

you see, the other cinema (the one im not working for, same company) is showing the England Games in Hd on a Cinema Screen.. i thought "pah, what a trashy idea" but this game is pretty tense!!!

Yes they are Thomas!

BTW...it seems my prediction about the US was correct. There was just something that was eerily reminiscent of the 1998 team...and the result was the same then, too.

So I would think the favorites would be Germany, Netherlands, and Brazil.

Did anyone see Ronaldo's goal from yesterday? That had to be one of the best moves I've seen yet! He is truly a great goal scorer!

Germany & Argentina friday...this should be a great match. I hope the referee let's them play (within reason) and not become a distration to the game. I'm gonna have to set a VCR to record this one!

Well, congrat's to Italy for winning the World Cup 2006. Was anyone else as shocked as I was when Zindane did what he did? What a way for one of the greatest players in the world to end his career.

it was "off the ball" so i was not expecting it!

mind i liked it in the fact it added to the drama!

i cant believe so soon after this incident i have seen a barrage of comedy GIF's based on the assault :D