BigDaddyJinx

Phpbb Won't Allow Me To Create New Database

I deleted a crapped out SQL phpbb database so I could create a new one, which seems easily enough - except when I try, it takes me to a new interface AND it won't allow me to create it. It takes me to a "Detect Network Settings" jibberish page that I hate to death.

What's up with this (&^%#$? :)

You can only create a database in cpanel > phpMySql

Don't forget to create a user and then add that user to the database

all in phpMySql

Thx champ. :)

I'm trying to add a phpBB from the Scripts Library area, where I've always created them. This is where I'm having the issue. An issue that didn't appear to exist until the newest format change in the cPanel.

Any other advice?

Edited by BigDaddyJinx

I'm not familiar with the error you are seeing and had no problems creating a forum just now on my own site. What's your domain?

Domain is synistry.ca. It's offline now while I rebuild the layout and add a new forum. I used to host another forum that I've since retired so to speak. I wanna leave the old one alone (just in case) and open a new one.

I was working on the new one when I hit a snag and couldn't undo it. So I trashed the current one and was in the process of creating the new one when I came across this problem.

I uploaded a screen of what it looks like just before I hit INSTALL and then it goes to Page Cannot Be Displayed screen.

Edit: removed URL - was redirecting to an unsavory sort of website

Edited by TCH-Tim

I took a look at your server and had no problem creating (and subsequently deleting) a test forum under your account. You might try posting that error screenshot again. You can attach it directly to the post.

post-4079-1149312662_thumb.jpg:)

Uh yea, oops my bad. I set up hot-linking protection. I have a theory about this all. I'm using a Maxthon browser and not IE. I'll see if that has anything to do with it. I'll post results.

EDIT:

Ok, so that's not it. :)

Did you try and create the forum using the Scripts Library method I used?

I'll try to post the pic again:

Edited by BigDaddyJinx

I used Firefox and did it through the scripts library using that same form you posted a screenshot of.

When I created the test forum on my own account it told me that the admin username and pass both have to be at least 10 characters. I kept that rule in mind when I tried yours and it worked perfectly.

That would make sense, provided that it also told me the 10 character rule...and it didn't. Maybe that's the screen I can't get to. My username has 10+ but not my password. I'll try a longer version and see what happens.

EDIT - ok so that did nothing either. Man, I'm gettin' stressed. It isn't a privacy issue, it isn't a secure website issue so I can rule out any software interference. IE doesn't work, nor does the Maxthon browser. I dislike FireFox so I won't even try that (shouldn't have to).

I'm tired and too frustrated to deal with this right now. I got into an accident earlier tonight and this was going to get my mind off it. So much for that idea.

Thx Tim. I'll try again some other time when I'm calm.

EDIT 2 - ok now I'm really preturbed. I cleaned my cookies and cache and magically it showed me a created phpbb file now. *shakes head*

Edited by BigDaddyJinx