Champion World Soccer Cup 2006, Who?

I'll have to go with Holland. They look very strong and are starting in a relatively easy group. Any of you Brit's wanna stick up from England? :tchrocks:

Hopefully the US will make it out of the first round.

Edited by stevevan

soccer.. nah its footie (football :))

er.... England...

We have to beat the germans again, they do say things happen in cycles...

we've beaten them 3 times in the last 100 years.. 1 of them being a world cup :P

Edited by makaveli

I'm just happy that here in the US, they are going to show all the games on cable channels that are available in nearly all hotel rooms, so I'll be able to catch many of the matches. (Unlike the NHL (ice hockey)...I'm missing a number of games because the NHL decided to go with a relatively unknown cable network.)

Now if I can just find a Holland jersey... ^_^

i'd love to go cheer England on.. not the biggest footie fan but i speak german :) so could have fun :P

for example mein Verein ist besser :)

i think thats (my football team is better)

I was able to watch a game in Chicago with my father when the US hosted the World Cup. My brother-in-law had two tickets and he didn't want to go, so I drove up.

I wish I would be able to go! (Been to Germany before while still in the military.) Good beer and good football...great combination!

Edited by stevevan

I lived in Brazil for a couple of years during the 1998 World Cup (when Brazil lost to France in the last game). That was a riot (almost literally...) to be in Brazil during the world cup. There is nothing like it in the United States.

I do love Brazilian futebol, so I'm rooting for them again this year. Mabye this year they'll get the sixth star for their jerseys. Right now, I believe, they are the only team with five! :)

Been to Germany before while still in the military.
Now if I can just find a Holland jersey...

Steve!

They sell US Jerseys @ ANY online soccer store (soccer.com, USSoccerStore.com, OnionBag.com, etc.)

I'm assuming here that you are an American citizen, and a vet to boot.... Why in the world would you support a foreign countries soccer team over your own??? :tchrocks:

I was born in Holland (Amersfoort), and I dearly love L'Oranje, but when the Yanks are playing, you gotta wear the RedWhiteandBlue!!!!

Been to two World Cup Qualifiers: in Birmingham vs Guatamala, and in Columbus vs El Tri when we clinched - absolutely the best time of my life.

oh yeah - We'll win our group (thereby by-passing Brazil in the Round of 16) and meet up with Brazil in the Final. Unfortunately, this isn't our year to win the Cup (that's 2010!) and we'll fall to Brazil 3-1.

pass the kool-aid!!! :)

Mel

It's my Dutch heritage! Hmmmm...if I get a US and Holland jersey, I wonder if my wife will sew them both together? :) (Used to have a Chicago Cubs / Chicago White Sox hat like that!)

i do hope england do well, a good tip in pubs is to stay away from the front, as many pint glasses and bottles are aimed at the TV screen if england lose.

relive 1966, we have to beat germany :D its just one of those things, we kicked them 5-1 and stil sing "funf eins" to germans...

we are evil ;)

good luck to all teams though (said in the spirit of fair play :) )

• 2 weeks later...