Sign in to follow this  
Ahryn

Designing Images

I am just wondering..and i know it is a stupid question.. but how do you design images for your webpage..right now all i can do is look for the picture i am imagining online...

You would need a graphics program like Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Illustrator.

If you don't want to pay, you can search around and find some pretty good graphics programs for free.

And the only stupid question is the one that's not asked! You've got a whole family here to bounce questions off of!

Many of the image programs allow you to experiment with layers, textures and lighting.

Many have built in effects that blur, stretch, allow you take an ordinary photo and make it unique for your site. Sometimes the best images come out of experimentation with a new technique and falling into something special by accident!

The final key to web images: keep them as light as possible for loading. You may create a masterpiece in your photo program but after you have saved it, make an additional copy (through file save as or export) of a jpg format that has been optimized for the web. This keeps the look of the image while making it smaller size and faster to load.