Why Did They "screw-up" Cpanel?

Just curious who thought that cPanel needed to do away with the nice organized list and replace it with a bunch of disorganized icons, most of which you cannot figure out by lloking at the icon what it is supposed to be, so you have to read through all the text to figure out how to do what you want?

(Yes the question needs to be that long).

You have done nothing but significantly reduce the usability of a once usabe tool. Furthermore, some things (like phpMyAdmin) which used to be at the top page are now buried in other secondary or tertiary pages.

For all the pat-yourselves-on-the-back that TCH does, this one deserves a bone-head-of-the-year award! Up to this point I have been very pleased with service here.

I don't use cPanel all that often, but when I do I want to be able to do things quickly, not stumble through a bunch of useless graphics icons (I can read English just fine thank you).

Is it possible for users to be able to choose a view that works best for them or is this just cPanel following the "dumb-down and pretty-up" the interface for webmaster wannabe's?

-End Rant-

TCH decided to standardize their server farm to one Cpanel theme (rather than many). This was done to make support from their end easier IIRC (instead of supporting multiple themes with multiple potential fixes to multiple problems, they settle for one). TCH is currently evaluating a theme that better suits users and will be transitioning to it. Also, they had problems with other themes when it came to adding Fantastico and things of that nature. Unfortunately in the business world you have to make decisions like this. Not everyone can always be happy.

Meanwhile, I've been on Cpanel X theme on all my accounts here since I started, and have become very used to it. That doesn't mean I need the "dumb-down and pretty-up" to be able to get my work done (personally I prefer the command line to the GUI in 99% of situations), however I've grown used to it (as I said).

Please see this thread on the topic.

TCH is growing, offering more services and to do that, a unified theme that supports the exisiting functions and new functions that will be coming soon needs to be implemented.

Many people, including me, have expressed dismay over the X theme. If you read the other thread you will see that TCH is looking for a better alternative that supports the new features and is supported by cPanel.

Stay tuned for more updates on this issue...

(Moved the thread for better organization)

Ultimately cPanel is to blame. They are the ones that made themes that don't work when places like TCH decide to offer more features, such as Fantastico. They don't support their own themes. Perhaps you could post a complaint in their forums/help system.

While they were at it, I don't blame TCH for doing it for support reasons as well, since the other themes were broken anyway, but that wasn't their main reason.

Furthermore, some things (like phpMyAdmin) which used to be at the top page are now buried in other secondary or tertiary pages.
Unfortunately, TCH doesn't dictate to cPanel where to put their stuff.

For all the pat-yourselves-on-the-back that TCH does, this one deserves a bone-head-of-the-year award!
Actually most of the back-patting comes from the customers from what I've seen. Yeah, there are things they have to do that they would rather not, but some things are not in their control, such as cPanel's broken themes.

This sticky posting explains everything and it even says that

Having said that, we realize that x is not exactly the greatest theme, and it is not our intention to force a cumbersome theme on you forever. We are reviewing our options and will come up with a solution that is agreeable both to you as users and us as admins.