Password Protect A Particular Webpage

aspiringmindz

Hello Aspiringminz,

Welcome to totalchoicehosting!

The first part 1 and 2 can be done via CPANEL, however then to edit the page and logout requires a WYSIWYG editor.

I would suggest maybe the best thing for this would be a simple CMS (content management system) like joomla.

I hope this helps

JimE

1. you can password protect the directory/folder in cPanel

2. tell the users who need access this password

3. create ftp account for these users and allow access to that directory which will allow them to upload and edited version of the page

4. close the browser or ftp program

1. you can password protect the directory/folder in cPanel

2. tell the users who need access this password

3. create ftp account for these users and allow access to that directory which will allow them to upload and edited version of the page

4. close the browser or ftp program

i didnt get a clear idea about it

cant we do it by some php or asp codes ?

Hello Aspiringminz,

Welcome to totalchoicehosting!

The first part 1 and 2 can be done via CPANEL, however then to edit the page and logout requires a WYSIWYG editor.

I would suggest maybe the best thing for this would be a simple CMS (content management system) like joomla.

I hope this helps

JimE

if i use joomla that "password" protection wont be there isnt it ?

Welcome to the forums, aspiringmindz.

Most CMS scripts allow you to configure users who have secure access to the system. You can block certain types of content from being viewed by non-logged in members, and you can restrict new member registration.

You might try some of the script installations in Fantastico in the CMS section to see if they meet your needs.

welcome aspiringmindz :)

I have used many CMS systems in the past. I have found that e107 is the easiest one to setup and maintain. A cms maybe overkill though for what you need. As mentioned earlier, you may want to check hotscripts.com and see if they have what your looking for.

Good luck.

I found this script a couple months ago at Hotscripts, as Bruce suggests. I think it is what you are looking for. It allows someone with little HTML (or no) knowledge to log into a page and edit its content. If they know HTML, they can use tags, if not, they can just add text to say what they want.

http://www.biglickmedia.com/products/News_Content_Publisher/

HTH, Tom

I found this script a couple months ago at Hotscripts, as Bruce suggests. I think it is what you are looking for. It allows someone with little HTML (or no) knowledge to log into a page and edit its content. If they know HTML, they can use tags, if not, they can just add text to say what they want.

http://www.biglickmedia.com/products/News_Content_Publisher/

HTH, Tom

\\THANK YOU I THINK I HAVE GOT WHAT I HAVE WANTED YOU ARE SUCH A HELP THANKS AGAIN

I have been working on a site for my friend which does what you are trying to do.

http://www.digitalpadin.com/spurgeon/

Click on the "Version 1.0" star to login, username: demo, password: demo

The star will only work from the homepage, but you will be able to edit a few of the pages.

I can send you a copy of the files if you'd like. However, I have to warn you that it's not simple by any means. I noticed you wrote that you needed an urgent solution, so this might not be it, but you might get some ideas. If anyone else is interested let me know.

You're all welcome to go and play around with the site since it's not live yet, but please do not erase everything or deface the site.

Thanks,

Sandro