What Content To Add?

Bohatir

Hi All. I am trying to come up with some ideas for content to add to my website.

I have a forum, photo gallery, RSS News Feed. I want to add some more things to make the website more functional, and add more features. Any recommendations?

Rochester Gaming

Edited by Bohatir

I have lots of great ideas for content....but I'd rather use them on my site. If you get my drift.

If you want reviews or suggestions to make your site work better, I'm sure there is no shortage of people to help out with that.

I have lots of great ideas for content....but I'd rather use them on my site. If you get my drift.

If you want reviews or suggestions to make your site work better, I'm sure there is no shortage of people to help out with that.

Awwww.... I need ideas. My users/friends dont do websites so they dont know what they want.

Should've written this in my previous post... I think you have what's required for a "community" website - information pages, news updates, forums and photo galleries.

I can't think of any additional features will add much more value to your website. It's probably more important to maintaining useful, up-to-date content on your website.

Can someone reccomend any good Affiliation programs that let you completely customize what businesses to work with?

Can someone reccomend any website that might offer me a chance to host some kind of exclusive content on my website?

:thumbup:

Guest Serpentine

I am not sure what you mean by affiliation programs to customize businesses that you work with but links to affiliate sites are prohibited in these forums as are links to other hosting companies.

Really, before you go off adding more things on your site, be sure to make sure that you have maximized what you have now. Having too many things on your site can be confusing and you begin to dilute what your site is about. Stick with your core subject and get the most from it.

Too much is just as bad as not enough, sometimes more so.

I agree with the previous posts. Maximize the resources you are trying to offer before looking for other content.

I don't usually critique sites or offer recommendations on them. But I found your ukraineonline.net site difficult to read in some areas and thought you should know. Very heavy black or heavy bright blue font against a stark white background made my eyes hurt. You have large paragraphs of information that are overwhelming to the eyes. No images and just stark heavy text is very difficult to read online. Might be fine on printed paper but online, it's just too glaring. Clicked off the page instead of reading further. Maybe updating the look would make it more inviting.

Apppears that some of your content comes from other sites (hope you have permission for re-printing the information).

If you are hoping that you can get unique content so that you can drive up your search numbers and thus make more money, I'd recommend this: try to find a different way to make money.

There is no easy way to make money online without having to do something for it.

You're not goint to get "unique" content that is valuable. To get search results, you'd have to have people searching for that content. If there really was a topic that a lot of people were searching on but there wasn't any content about it out there, then why would somebody sell you the information when they could make more moeny using the content themselves? It just doesnt' make sense.

Be wary (VERY wary) of any site or organization that promises to give you unique content that you're going to make money off of. Chances are they'll make money off you, and you'll end up poor and with poor content.

Like has been mentioned above, if you want to drive traffic to your site, you've got to do the leg work to make your site (1) visually appealling, and (2) full of valualbe content.

It's not easy to make a great site that makes moeny on the web. On the web as in real-life, you've got to work for it by finding your own idea and then capitalizing on it.