Hi everyone, I'm very excited to announce my first-ever recording of a solo acoustic guitar original tune. I recorded it tonight on my Fostex MR-8mkII digital recorder, then transferred it to my PC for mp3 conversion.

The song is called "The Feel" and represents (for me) the importance of putting your heart and soul into everything you do (well, things that are important to you). I used to play this song on electric bass in past bands, but have been practicing hard on acoustic guitar in the last year, trying to learn the art of playing groove and melody simultaneously. It's a rather clumsy version, but I think it's starting to come together...FINALLY!

h**p://stefan.phatfunkjazz.com/media.htm/

peace,

Stefan ;)

Edited by phatfunkjazz

Thank you. Your words are very encouraging...this has been a long time coming, although the current recording project is VERY rough, indeed. But like my programming teachers always told us, "document, document, document!"

I'm preparing to record another tune right now...we'll see what happens...

Stefan

Thank you all for the kind comments about my guitar playing. Sigh, I just spent four hours recording yet another tune, it's on my site:

h**p://stefan.phatfunkjazz.com/media.htm

This one is a Jazz blues in the style of Wes Montgomery (not that I play anywhere near as tastefully as him), and I stubbornly played it at too brisk of a tempo...I felt like I was racing. Anyway, my thanks again to TCH for giving such great hosting services. It's SO easy to manage my web pages and multimedia files through cPanel.

peace,

Stefan

Can I have permission to copy the song to my phone and use a ringtone? please :)

Sure thing...except that I came home from work today, listened to the newest tune with fresh ears. YIKES! It's awful, so I'm going to re-record today or tomorrow. I think I was being too stubborn when I recorded it yesterday, it sounds really forced. :)

Thanks for the compliments, I'll get back to you when my work is worthy of such praise. :)

Stefan