100 Things In A Matchbox

makaveli

ok on my quest for a Degree, we have the most Pointless in Multimedia Project to do!!!

:wallbash:

you have on standard size matchbox (approx 1inch * 1.5inch and 1/2 inch high)

and i need 100 things that i can find easily (i.e around the house or in a general store & cheap)

im stuck as stuck can ever be on about 50, brainstorms, fires and things later, nowhere closer.

simple few rules are no duplicate items, nothing illegal, so no coke or pills in!

any help at all, any, any suggestions i will be very very happy! :)

i want this done in a week so i can go to a football (soccer) game

Thanks in advance

Maka, (Rob) :thumbup:

Do they have to fit at the same time? Or just individually?

I also don't want to do your homework for you. I'm sure there is a reason you are supposed to work this out yourself.... :)

well all at the same time!

and its not cheating merely asking for help, merely inspiration :thumbup: all the greatest designers and artists need a helping hand at some point :wallbash:

i do have 50 things, im updating the list as we speak, and when i totally run out of steam ill upload the PDF to prove it :)

I guess on one hand, not knowing your list prevents our mind becoming "tunneled"... but then, we might very well come up with the same 50 items as you... LOL. So I guess I'd wait for your list and see if I can contribute... good luck! :)

Multimedia project right? Hmm... I'm guessing the point is to design those 100 things on the computer rather than think up the 100 things. Any rules though? How about using some creativity... like shrinking an elephant to the size of a grain of rice?

like shrinking an elephant to the size of a grain of rice?

And if you paint an "Eat at Joe's" sign on the side of the then grained sized elephant will that count as another house hold item?

;)

Because what's the point if we just do it for you?

Word for word...I hear my father's voice..... ;)

You're sure that you're allowed to get help on this? Because what's the point if we just do it for you?

i sure am allowed help! its not against the rules as long as i dont just copy things without saying somthing like " i sourced some info from www........"

ive checked ;)

Multimedia project right? Hmm... I'm guessing the point is to design those 100 things on the computer rather than think up the 100 things. Any rules though? How about using some creativity... like shrinking an elephant to the size of a grain of rice?

and we have to physically do the box, then present what is in the box electonically and expamin what they are, or what they mean, via the medium of somthing like flash show, slide show, dvd, video, pocdast etc etc

do you have a piece of hair? How about an eyelash?

it seems you need things that take up very little volume.

How about a grain of rice? a kernel of corn? A pea? a grain of wheat? An oat flake?

I have lots of ideas, so I'll be glad to see what you came up with.

keys, thats a tiny tiny padlock one, if somthin' comes in mini size, its there!

also some things are clippings like a CD, i just smashed a blank CD and put a bit of shrapnel in.. clever or what :)

Edited by makaveli

ive slightly cheated, i spent an extra few pennies and got a slightly (only ever so) bigger box :)

i was going to put a paracentamol/asprin in, but without packaging, it could be mistaken!

im just thinking hard about the last few whille playing on my PSP :)

ok on my quest for a Degree, we have the most Pointless in Multimedia Project to do!!!

This project does not seem pointless at all. It appears to try and change the type of attitude that caused you to make the above comment. I'm not bashing you so please don't take it that way, I just wanted to point out what I think the purpose of this project is. It seems to be designed to force you to look at life from a different point of view, which is always a good thing.

*TCH-Dick wonders if he just thinks too much...

That May be, but they have this godawful timing... i'll exlplain

19th Sept last year - a huge party and gig that was a night to remember, that was the starting day on my course :wallbash:

last year may - a forum/site massive exclusive gig i had a major deadline

this one - a football tounament i wanna go to

its less the time more the timing that has bugged me!

a sticky note (post-it note)

part of a tissue (kleenex)

breath mint

listerine strip

a coin from a different country (shows international nature of world today)

cut up piece of credit card

small printed photo (very small) of you or your family or SO

piece of eblow maccaroni (hey, I like mac 'n cheese (Kraft dinner))

Just some alternate items you might consider if you can't make it all fit in the box! :wallbash:

oh yeah :wallbash:

i can use...

Post-it

and polo/lifesaver mint

and with notpad beside me all day i dreamed up also:

a list of my fave movies

and a sponsor sticker from a Mountain Bike Company

so nearly there! :D

What about a needle? You have thread but no needle. That's not a pin is it?

Oh, and chewing gum to keep you busy while you load the over sized box...

Edited by Kevan