Curl At Tch?

Nordie

Hi,

I see that command line curl is disabled here.

So does that mean that CURL is completely unavailable here?

I have a software package that requires CURL (libcurl)..........will that not work here?

Many thanks for your help!

Regards,

N~

Hi again,

Sorry for all the questions...........I'm a newbie at this cron stuff.

If I configured a cron job that utilizes CURL to run a php script at set intervals (say every half hour), would that be considered "command-line" usage, and therefore not allowed at TCH?

Thanks for the help!

N~

Basically, CURL is not allowed as part of a cron job, as that IS command line useage.

However, CURL can be run as part of a PHP script, and you can set up a cron job to load a PHP script/page every half-hour (or whatever). So you have to add the extra step in of creating a PHP page that executes the CURL command, and then set up your cron to run the PHP.

If you need help, this was discussed in a different thread. Search the forums for CURL and see what you come up with. If you still need help, let us know.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Our site that uses Curl for the credit card processing is now not working, and the TCH support that i've been in contact with says that it's now being removed from all servers due to security risks.

Does anyone know alternatives to curl? We are using Authorize.net.

thanks!

• 2 months later...

I am using OsCommerce cart and now the UPS (XML) Shipping module doesn't function now either. It uses curl to submit & retrieve UPS rates. The checkout_shipping.php page hangs if this module is enabled. I have enabled the stock UPS shipping module for a temporary workaround. UPS XML has worked fine for the last year or so. No code changes.

phpinfo() shows curl enabled and version libcurl/7.15.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.1.4.