Fantastico Joomla Menalto Gallery2

R u using Joomla? I am testing Joomla on a new site and I have run into a snag, thought you can direct me if you came across this.

Using Fantastico I installed Joomla and it is running ok, then tried to use fantastico again to install menalto gallery 2 in root folder. Fanstaico gave me error:

Install Gallery (2/3)

The installation can not be completed:

- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

Have u come across this? did you have to install in folder below root? or do I have another issue here to troubleshoot?

Edited by deanavail

yes sir, I used fantastico to install Joomla and it is already running ok. I renamed both the stock site .htaccess and the Joomla stock .htaccess files because both files are located at the root. Fantastico installs menalto Gallery 2.0.2 but when I submit request to install , it gives error -->

Install Gallery (2/3)

The installation can not be completed:

- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

:ph34r:

fantastico is acting as it should

warning you that you can not install more than one script in the root folder.

As I mentioned both scripts will have files using the same name

and the second install if allowed would over write files from the first install.

I would install the gallery in a sub folder.

deanavail,

Don is correct, you can't install both scripts in the root folder. If Joomla is installed and working, and you then install Gallery in the same folder, any Joomla files or folders with the same name as the new Gallery files and folders would be overwritten. Offhand I know that both scripts have a file called index.php. If you overwrite Joomla's index.php with Gallery's index.php, Joomla will no longer work.

Standard practice is to install scripts in different folders. If Joomla is in root, you should install gallery in its own folder. You can name the folder anything you want - "gallery" is a good choice. Any links to your photo gallery, say from a table of contents, would take the form of http://www.your-domain-name.com/gallery (unless you use relative paths, in which case it would just be /gallery).

If you have any trouble installing Gallery in its own folder, please let us know.

ok Tim, used fantastico and specified a folder below root as such /domain.com/gallery.

fantastico emailed successful install to /doamin.com/gallery

logged into this new gallery site admin, added an album, uploaded pics to this new album.

Now when you browse to /domain.com/gallery, you get gallery base theme with an icon representing this new album, press this icon, you get icons representing thumbnails of these pics but no image thumbnails.

if you have an idea, how to display thumnail matrix instead of icons representing thumbnails, plz advise, I can also pm link to this galley

• 1 month later...

Thumbnails not showing in gallery2 problem fixed. Thanks to TCH JimE, it turns out that thumbnails were not showing due to a NetBPM grahic toolkit conflict.

fix:

1. change graphic toolkit priority: gallery2 admin > garphic toolkit priority > ImageMagic then NEtBPM then GD

2. recreate thumbnails.