Smf Discussion Board

wayne

Just installed SMF forum through fantastico.

All is working however now I want to approve new members. So I have enabled this in the admin tool.

Under server settings section I have my address under webmaster (I think this is the admin address as I cannot find any other place where I have to enter an email address).

The problem is that I am not receiving an email when someone is awaiting an approval to join my forum.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Aaron

Under the server settings I have my email listed however I am not sure if this is the admin account or not. I cannot find anywhere else where the admin email setting is listed. The address I have entered here is my correct address yet I am not receiving the email notifications.

Any thoughts?

Wayne

Just installed SMF forum through fantastico.

All is working however now I want to approve new members. So I have enabled this in the admin tool.

Under server settings section I have my address under webmaster (I think this is the admin address as I cannot find any other place where I have to enter an email address).

The problem is that I am not receiving an email when someone is awaiting an approval to join my forum.

Any ideas?

I've just been setting up SMF this week myself. Please note that in order for the forum to mail anything to anybody, you have to plug your outgoing mail server details into Forum Configuration / Edit Features and Options.

You can check your own profile by clicking on the "profile" button in the row of buttons a little bit down from the top of the page. It should say "administrator" for your position, and you can scroll down and see if your e-mail address is listed correctly.