Catch All Email Address

Sure can.

All the work is done server side, so it really does not matter what client you use.

Personally I love the catch all email feature. I use it all the time. I use PMMAIL 2000 as my email client.

Yes Yes. Go ahead and rib me about me email client. But I love it.

Go to your Cpanel and under the mail heading is a default mail option, there you can specify any e-mail address you want to be your default address, All unrouted mail willl go to that address.

Example, someone send an e-mail to stuff@****** but you dont have an e-mail account called stuff set up. That e-mail would go to whatever address you specified as your default mail.

Is that what you are trying to do or am I way off the mark?

My bad, let me try again :(

I have mike@x-trememodz.com as my default e-mail so that I'll get any unrouted mail sent to that address, it should set up just like a normal e-mail address. if you want it to be catchall@****** just create an e-mail account with that name, set it as your default e-mail address and then set it up in mozilla mail . There arent any special settings as far as setting it up in your e-mail client since it is specified on the server side where all your unrouted mail should go.

Hopefully that helps, if not i'll be quiet now :P

• 3 years later...

I am having a similar problem.

I used the Default Address feature and pointed it to my clients aol account and all email directed to XXX@abc123.com went to her AOL email account perfectly.

Than she stated she wanted all mistyped email from the domain in this case I'm calling it abc123.com to go to the only email account set up which is info@abc123.com.

So what I simply did was replaced her aol address with info@abc123.com and when I went to test it none of the mistyped email addresses went to info@abc123.com.

I should be able to set up a catchall that redirects to a legit email account on the same domain right? What could I be doing wrong?

Thank You,

John

Is info@abc.com still forwarding to her aol adress?

No I have no forwarders set up

The only thing I did was replace the AOL address with info@abc123.com in "Default Address"

Prior to that I had her aol account address in the "Default Address" area and it was the catchall and working fine regardless of what the "*"@abc123.com was.

Once I replace the aol account in the "Default Address" area with the legit info@abc123.com (which is the only email account set up for the domain), the catchall stopped working.

Thank you,

John

I actually verifying this with Outlook 2007 using all the default settings.

I have her aol account set up as one account going to one PST data folder and her info@abc123.com going to another PST data folder.

The catchall when pointing to AOL was working perfectly in Outlook and once directed to info@abc123.com it appears the catchall does not work.

I will check the Spam box and spam setting in horde or squirrel now.

Thanks,

John

"Have you actually created the info@abc123.com account in cpanel ? "

That account has been created and is a legit email address within the domain and was created in Cpanel 2 years ago.

"Forwards to AOL should not be used, as they result in the server being blacklisted, hence they are against our policy."

I have no forwards pointing to any AOL account.

In default address I tried to point all emails going to @abc123.com to info@abc123.com and it does not work, but it did work for the 5 minutes that I had it pointing to the AOL account.