Joomla And Wordpress

synthesys

I'm still deciding on the best content management solution and noticed that Joomla appears in my Fantastico link from the control panel. I also noticed the Joomla is highly rated and seems to be connected with WordPress.

Do these two components work particularly well together?

Is there anything tricky involved in setting these up for a test, or can I just upload, unzip and configure?

George

As far as I know the two aren't actually connected, but there is a Joomla plugin called JD-Wordpress that allows you to put a Wordpress blog inside of a Joomla CMS. Haven't used it though, so I can't recommend it.

If you want to run a test setup of a regular Wordpress install you can do it in Fantastico. Takes about 15 seconds to get going.

Thanks for the clarification on WP.

Still, we are to presume that components available in Fantastico are at least compatible with the TCH configuration, so installation should be relatively uncomplicated?

I ask because a product I was looking at earlier, TWIKI (not tikiwiki), apparently requires system level access not typically available to typical web hosting plans. I'm still trying to sort out the matter with TWIKI.

George

As far as I know the two aren't actually connected, but there is a Joomla plugin called JD-Wordpress that allows you to put a Wordpress blog inside of a Joomla CMS. Haven't used it though, so I can't recommend it.

If you want to run a test setup of a regular Wordpress install you can do it in Fantastico. Takes about 15 seconds to get going.

Still, we are to presume that components available in Fantastico are at least compatible with the TCH configuration, so installation should be relatively uncomplicated?

I believe that's the idea, yes. So far everything I've installed has worked.

Thanks that's pretty much what I figured, but wanted to confirm.

I've installed Joomla and I've discovered it needs write access to some directories it created. I'm familiar with changing user/group permissions but don't know how to identify Joomla as a user to be included in my group.

Any suggestions?

George

If the Fantastico scripts were not compatible they would not be available.

I've just installed what I hope will by my content management system.

The pre-installation check informs me I still need to give the application (Joomla) write permission for a group of files/directories within the package.

How do I do this without just granting write permission to all?

George