E-mail On Cellphone

rdelp

Greetings,

I have a nokia 6600 phone. I have been using the built in e-mail broswer since I got the phone last year to access my e-mail box hosted here. Its worked great up until a week ago. Cellphone company techsupport says all is well with my account (T-mobile) and tech support here at totalchoice says all is well. However, something is wrong or changed.

Here is what happens. I can log on to mail and download all mail to phone with no problem. I can send an e-mail to myself from the phone to download on the computer. If I try to send an e-mail to anyone else, I get a send mail failed, please check settings.

I don't understand how I can log into a server send something to myself but not anyone else.

Anyone have a clue????

Phone mail settings:

Mailbox name: home email

Access point in use: T-zones GPRS

My e-mail address: myemail@livewxradar.com)

Outgoing mail server: livewxradar.com

Send message: immediately

User name: rdelp@livewxradar.com

Password: password

Incoming mail server: livewxradar.com

Mailbox type: POP3

Security: Off

APOP Secure login (if shown): Off

SMTP: livewxradar.com

Rob D.

Just got a new error message on the computer.

Task 'mail.livewxradar.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Maybe they are checking on the servers again??

Rob

Hi,

I do not know if this can help you but I resolv the problem of my customer .

I had an equal problem with a customer.

The problem was that the dominio of it was very great xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com

Solution:

Forward e-mail my customer for another mail xxx.com and receive in Celular xxx.com

Good luck .

I found some info about the above error message here. Not sure it helps but hopefully. <_<

Looks like that error is caused by the cellphone being connected to server. I closed out OUTLOOK on the computer hoping maybe it was interferring with the cellphone when it was trying to send, but no luck. Same as above can send mail to myself, but not any other receipients.

Has there been any changes on the mail servers on server 385 in the last week or so??

Rob D>

The help desk is the only place you can find out if anything has been changed on the servers. The mods don't have access to that information.

I tried asking the help desk if there were any changes, but I kept getting back replies of "we have tested the server and found no issues".

I was hoping someone on here knew about mail servers, if they could tell me why a server would only allow out going mailing to be sent to yourself, maybe I could track down the issue. Ruled out T-mobile since it would be a port blocked, but I can download mail and send to self. Either the phone is not sending right or something is different on mail server.

Rob

Does T-Mobile block port 25? And what email client does the phone use? If it's possible to specify a different port for sending you can try port 26. And also you have to authenticate yourself to send email through the TCH server.

You could always configure the client to send email through your ISP with a return address to your TCH account email.

Does T-Mobile block port 25? And what email client does the phone use? If it's possible to specify a different port for sending you can try port 26. And also you have to authenticate yourself to send email through the TCH server.

You could always configure the client to send email through your ISP with a return address to your TCH account email.

Bruce,

No they are not blocking 25, that was the first thing I thought when I tried to send mail. They told me everything was ok. Strangest thing I ever seen.

I am just using the built e-mail that was in the phone. I cannot change port setting.

Rob

Bruce,

I forgot all about my ISP's mail, never used it in 3 years. I just did as you mentioned let my return address be my TCH account. I can send mail now. So it looks like the problem is going to be with TCH server.

I will send this new info on another help desk ticket. see what they come up with.

Rob

So it looks like the problem is going to be with TCH server.

Not necessarily. If T-Mobile blocks port 25 to external mail servers you would be able to send through their server and not ours. The other most common problem with sending is not having authentication turned on. If it is working through your ISP's server I would suggest leaving it as is.

Not necessarily. If T-Mobile blocks port 25 to external mail servers you would be able to send through their server and not ours. The other most common problem with sending is not having authentication turned on. If it is working through your ISP's server I would suggest leaving it as is.

Rick,

The ISP I am using is Comcast servers not T-mobile, so I assuming (key word) that T-mobile is not blocking port 25. What I have right now is a creative work around.. Sending on comcast, recieving on TCH. Problem is its not easy to reply, have to open another mailbox to answer. Who it may just start working...computers have a way of doing that.

Rob