No Ping For Dns

LATH

I have noticed twice in about a month that my DNS, www.johnlathrop.com, does not respond to a ping. The last time this was temporary. This morning I'm still waiting for a successful ping.

In each case I have been able to get to my site using the IP address.

What could be the cause of this?

UPDATE: About 5 minutes after this posting the PING started to respond.

Edited by LATH

The issue could clearly be with your DNS servers. However, we have no control over the DNS for your domain as your not pointing the DNS for your domain to our DNS servers.

As listed in the WHOIS for your domain.

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

NS69.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.35

NS70.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.189.35

You stated when the DNS is offline you can still reach your TCH account via the IP of the TCH server. So this is clearly a issue with your DNS provider and not TCH.

Please contact your DNS provider.

Thanks to all for the prompt reply!

I got this message from NetworkSolutions:

April 4th, 2006 11:00am EDT - This morning our collocation provider suffered a global outage from 7:56 a.m. to 10:02 a.m. (eastern) that impacted our systems. The provider’s outage affected access to Network Solutions products and services. The provider has resolved their systems and access to our services has been resorted. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. You may experience latency today as we continue to restore our services to full capacity.