rowanp

Renewing An Ssl Certificate

Hi

Is it true that I have to pay $35 every time I wish to renew an SSL certificate on the server?

Regards

rowanp.

$35 is the installation fee for certificates, initial and renewal, yes.

$35 is the installation fee for certificates, initial and renewal, yes.

The only page on your site that speaks about this that I can find is http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/web-hosting-ssl.html. I don't see anything about renewal installation prices. I understand that there is a price for renewing the certificate itself, but why is there a price for re-installing the certificate?

rowanp.

We have to re-purchase a new SSL cert and re-install it.

So there is a small fee.

We have to re-purchase a new SSL cert and re-install it.

So there is a small fee.

I won't drag the issue out any longer, but the fact is that I am purchasing the SSL certificate myself (through thawte), and have already paid an installation fee for the original certificate. It is not a small fee, in fact it can pay for seven months' worth of hosting.

rowanp.

I am sorry you dont approve of this.

However, I have to pay my technician to re-install the certificate for you. Level 2 techs are well compenstated, I can't install peoples SSL certs at a loss that would make no sense at all.

It is not a small fee, in fact it can pay for seven months' worth of hosting.

rowanp.

It can pay for several months hosting at TCH, but not even cover 1 months hosting with some other hosts.

Although $35 is a lot more than $4 or whatever, it's still a fairly small amount for the one2one time of a skilled IT professional.

Surely you don't expect your mechanic to service your car for free this year because you already paid him to do it last year?

Just my two cents worth :)

Ali.

If the purchased certificate does not expire for several years, does the TCH yearly renewal fee still apply?

If the purchased certificate does not expire for several years, does the TCH yearly renewal fee still apply?

TCH's fee is strictly for having them install the initial and new certificates, so no. It only applies when the certificate needs to be renewed and TCH installs it.