A Few Webmail Questions

adc

is there a way to get horde to stop asking me what language i prefer when i log in?

is there a way to turn off the ">" markers that delineate a previous email when i compose a reply in either horde or squirrel?

i see the spam folder in horde - where is the spam folder in squirrel mail?

where is the archive option that i'm used to in squirrel?

i got a notice that my mailbox was at a critical limit. what is that limit, and does it apply to each email account separately, or is it an overall limit for all accounts added together?

i already submitted a ticket for the next part so you can probably ignore it:

--------------------

all of the emails in a folder i created have vanished. the folder is still there. i most assuredly did not delete the emails, though i did delete one email from that folder the night before they vanished.

the sequence of events goes like this:

last night i received a notice that my mailbox was at a critical limit.

i deleted one email with a very large attachment. this was in squirrel mail.

this morning i went into horde and saw the other emails in the folder.

i then went into squirrel, checked the folder, and it was empty.

i returned to horde, and the folder was (and remains) empty.

can you explain this? is there any way to recover my lost messages? is it bad to switch back and forth between horde and squirrel?

thanks!

andy

Edited by adc

Welcome to the forums adc! :lol:

I'll try to answer, one of the others will correct if I am wrong with any of these.

is there a way to get horde to stop asking me what language i prefer when i log in?
When you are in Horde select Options and then set your preferred language. But I do not think you can bypass the question.

is there a way to turn off the ">" markers that delineate a previous email when i compose a reply in either horde or squirrel?

I did not see that option but it may be there.

i see the spam folder in horde - where is the spam folder in squirrel mail?
The spam folder is only available to Horde.

where is the archive option that i'm used to in squirrel?

Since I don't use either, I don't know if there is one, sorry.

i got a notice that my mailbox was at a critical limit. what is that limit, and does it apply to each email account separately, or is it an overall limit for all accounts added together?

I believe it would be per account. You set the limit when you create the account. You can edit the limit under manage accounts.

For your lost messages maybe you can get the help desk to restore them from a backup.

I don't see a problem with switching between the two webmail clients, but as I've stated I don't use web mail I use an email client.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to the forums adc! :lol:

I'll try to answer, one of the others will correct if I am wrong with any of these.

When you are in Horde select Options and then set your preferred language. But I do not think you can bypass the question.

I did not see that option but it may be there.

The spam folder is only available to Horde.

Since I don't use either, I don't know if there is one, sorry.

I believe it would be per account. You set the limit when you create the account. You can edit the limit under manage accounts.

For your lost messages maybe you can get the help desk to restore them from a backup.

I don't see a problem with switching between the two webmail clients, but as I've stated I don't use web mail I use an email client.

Hope that helps.

thank you! very helpful indeed!