Totalchoicehosting.com Is Moving

Head Guru

Due to massive growth in these forums and continued growth in traffic to our server, we are moving our main site to a new server.

Alan, Rick and I have been working on this behind the scenes for several days.

This will improve not only the main TCH site and these forums, but while were at it, we are upgrading the master DNS server. This should provide much faster dns looksups for all sites hosted on TCH.

I will post updates as we get right down to the wire.

The forum database has now been moved. You may notice a slight decrease in speed for a short period while we move other parts of TCH over to the new server and then finally the totalchoicehosting.com domain name will be moved.

If you notice any problems anywhere, please post them here.

I have just changed DNS over to the new server for TCH. DNS changes do take up to 24 hours to propagate around the Internet, for many the changes should happen within a few hours from now. You'll know you're on the new server when things speed up :D.

More updates will be provided from myself or from Bill as things develop.

Fast! *YAY*

Can this move possibly explain the missing attached files and some uploaded avatars not showing?

I moved the TCH files over to the new server a few days ago, the databases were moved today. Therefore new files uploaded during the past few days are only on the old server. I have just updated the uploads folder with the new uploads, so the images should show up fine now :P.