Fantastico And B2evolution Question

mythusmage

Hello, With the installation of fantastico on our servers, we reviewd the software and made decisions based upon the resources used by software packages and felt that some packages using higher resources would not be installed via fantastico to prevent users from simply installing them and causing issues for others on the shared servers.

With that said, we did not prohibit its use, we simply did not want to make it readily available for those users that are not comfortable tuning and securing the software.

We do our best to keep our servers running with stellar performance and will continue to do so.

You could always download and install it yourself.

b2evolution web site.

Actually, I can't. Install that is. In order to install I need to set up a database. But according to PHPmyAdmin I'm not authorized to set up databases. And I'm not all that clear on setting up new databases, or converting an existing database to a new purpose.

In any case, I'm off to check with the b2evolution people about administration, management, and stuff like that.

Update: Clicked on your link and was sent to a page that said (so to speak), "You came from a spammer site, so nyah!" I think TCH will want to communicate with b2evolution.

Edited by mythusmage

Actually, I can't. Install that is. In order to install I need to set up a database. But according to PHPmyAdmin I'm not authorized to set up databases. And I'm not all that clear on setting up new databases, or converting an existing database to a new purpose.

You can't set up a database in PhpMyadmin

you create them in PhpMySql

don't forget to create and add a user to the database.

My list for creating and using a database.

-- databse connect ----

Be sure that in MySql you

1 - created the database

2 - created a user

3 -added the user to the database (go back to MySql and find the Add user

select the user and database, and then Add user to database)

Then to connect to the database in a script use:

host: localhost

database: yourCpanelName_databaseName

user: yourCpanelName_databaseUser

password: mypassword

* Note password is just as the password,

do not add the CpanelName to it.

---------------------------

Update: Clicked on your link and was sent to a page that said (so to speak), "You came from a spammer site, so nyah!" I think TCH will want to communicate with b2evolution.

Yes, I see that, how unintelligent is that? They don't want people linking to them. For that fact alone I wouldn't even bother trying it.

Don explained how to add a database in cPanel.

Update: Clicked on your link and was sent to a page that said (so to speak), "You came from a spammer site, so yeah!" I think TCH will want to communicate with b2evolution.

Why would you think we need to talk to b2evolution? This type of action is the exact reason this script is not turned on and has no effect on us. They gladly list us on their site then turn around and add us to their badly written blacklist. What you see there is exactly what will take place on your site if you choose to install it. Then as the referrer spam (that their script is plagued with) continues to hit your site, you will see why we chose to disable it.

Pretty funny. That's some high-tech anti-spam system they have going there.

Could be one of those deals where somebody else hosting his site in the same datacenter as TCH did something shady, so the whole datacenter got blocked.

Either way, there's better stuff than b2.