Time Changes

TCH-Thomas

I always remember the handy rhyme:

Spring Foward, Fall Back

Hence, in the spring, clocks go foward, in the autumn (Or fall depending on where you are!) they go back.

I am for one just glad of the brighter evenings. Yesterday at 1930 it was still bright and light here in the UK.

JimE

Agreed, Jim. There's just something depressing about pulling into the driveway after a day of work and it being pitch black outside. At least with the sun still up you feel like you haven't wasted your whole day at the office. :)

I hate spring, :lol: only for that reason. Screws up the kiddos internal clocks, so I'm losing sleep, :lol:.

But yeap, I gotta do it, as do my folks. They're in the tiny portion of Indiana that observes it. I don't think the rest does, but I might be wrong (they're CST in Evansville, and rest of the state is in something else).

There was an interesting article in Wired yesterday about it. Apparently, starting this year, all of Indiana is doing the same thing, even the counties that did it illegally so they could keep doing business with their neighbors.

Oh yeah, next year, it's going to be the 2nd week of March.

I just wish they'd leave it alone.

I'll have to side with Rob on this. If you've ever been late to work because of the DST transition, then you can appreciate a place like Arizona, which doesn't observe DST :)

Or worse... when I used to live in Ohio, I was a networking consultant, and I had customers in Indiana who were literally 10 minutes away. Yet half the year they were on the same time as us, and half the year they were one hour off (because parts of Indiana don't change timezones as Steve pointed out). Talk about confusion setting up appointments...

Or worse... when I used to live in Ohio, I was a networking consultant, and I had customers in Indiana who were literally 10 minutes away. Yet half the year they were on the same time as us, and half the year they were one hour off (because parts of Indiana don't change timezones as Steve pointed out). Talk about confusion setting up appointments...

Heh, before the DST change (fall back) I had some problems. At that time our corporate office was in Broomfield, CO, which is in the mountain time zone, however during the summer-time months is actually 1 hour ahead of us in Arizona. So we had people scheduling conference calls at 8am or 8:30am CO time, but they didn't think of us here in Arizona who had to go in to the office a full hour early (or dial in from home like we all did anyways). Talk about insensitive lol.