What Is Joomla? How Can It Help Me W/ E-commerce?

Joomla is a CMS (Content management system) which allows you to build a website rather easily, and allow, if you want, others to contribute.

I am not sure of the interaction between the two, but if its like any other commerce package that joomla supports, its fits in snug into it. Basically you build the shop in the commerce package (might even be able to control it in joomla) and build the rest of the website in joomla itself.

I love joomla and rate its as one of the best CMSs i have found to date

JimE

Sandra,

You can try OScommerce. Again, this will tailor nicely into Joomla. Infact there are quite a few nice commerce ones which will fit nicely into joomla.

Good luck in choosing and let us know which one you choose!

JimE

does Joomla take the place of the the commerce admin panels? Because I have found Zen Cart and OSCommerce very difficult to work with. Their admin panels aren't very user friendly.

Sandra

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Sandra,

Looking at the website here:

http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_simplefaq

VirtueMart is a component. Therefore, log into the administrator's part of joomla.

http://domainname/administrator/

This is where you control your website so to speak. Now goto installers and then components. Use this area to upload your component virtuemart. Once its installed itself, it can be found under the tab "components" in the main menu, here you will be able to do what you like with it!

Have fun playing with it!

Hello Sandra,

Its possible give or take a small amount to get most of Joomla not to show.

If you have upload the component and its showing in the component tab, then the next step will be to make a link to access it.

If you go to menu manager and select the menu, you want to edit, you will need to find the icon to edit the menu items. Once you are in this, goto "new", then "link to component", then choose the newely installed component and give it a name and then click "save".

Reload your front page and you should havea link to the new shoping cart.

JimE