Another Problem Accessing Cpanel

I have two computers connected to a router connected to my ISP broadband connection.

On the old computer, and on the new computer I want to move my web work to, I can access CPanel just fine when I use an administrator account. Whenever I use my "regular power user" account I can't get past this message:

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

I've tried deleting cookies, even started using a new browser with nothing imported. Nothing works. All the Internet connection settings are the same between the two accounts.

I have no problem reaching my actual domain.

Also, how do I add a new domain account?

George

Hi George,

Is it just when trying to get into cpanel ? If so I'd suspect a firewall (perhaps the default XP firewall) is stopping it.

If you can't get to the site at all (ie you can't get to cpanel, and you also can not browse to your site), then I'd suspect the DNS on that computer. From what you say though, I think it's the firewall above.

Hi George,

When you say "add new domain" could you describe a bit more what your intentions are? (Lack of wetabix this morning!)

As Andy says above, it could be the firewall, or even the firewall on the router. Also check to make sure certain ports are not fowarded to only one computer

JimE

Andy:

Yes I can go anywhere but cpanel. My Windows firewall is disabled but I use Norton. But if Norton is causing the problem why is it working for one account but not for the other? Norton hasn't given me this problem before.

I'd love to find a way to just directly copy all internet settings from one account to another but the XP book doesn't show how to do that. As far as I can tell checking manually they are the same.

George

Hi George,

Is it just when trying to get into cpanel ? If so I'd suspect a firewall (perhaps the default XP firewall) is stopping it.

If you can't get to the site at all (ie you can't get to cpanel, and you also can not browse to your site), then I'd suspect the DNS on that computer. From what you say though, I think it's the firewall above.

When I first signed up with TCH I registered with a single domain name. Now I have another domain name that needs its own web site.

As for the firewall/router suggestion that still wouldn't explain why it allows one account but not another.

George

Hi George,

When you say "add new domain" could you describe a bit more what your intentions are? (Lack of wetabix this morning!)

As Andy says above, it could be the firewall, or even the firewall on the router. Also check to make sure certain ports are not fowarded to only one computer

JimE

After a bit of testing I'm finally able to get Firefox to connect to CPanel. IE still can't do it but that's just one more reason why I'm moving to Firefox now anyway.

George

Hi George,

Hello,

Try disabling Norton for a short while, reboot with norton disabled and see what happens (You will be alright for a few minutes whilst you check!)

You can copy all setting over using the following:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...y/mgrtfset.mspx

I have done this for some 1200 users before and actually it was very handy, but be warned, the setting files can reach huge proportions so be warned!

JimE

Thanks I might try disabling Norton but since it works now with my new favorite browser I consider this more of an IE weakness, so it isn't time critical. Wouldn't Norton also keep Firefox from working if that were the problem?

Thanks for the Microsoft link!

George

Hello,

Try disabling Norton for a short while, reboot with norton disabled and see what happens (You will be alright for a few minutes whilst you check!)

You can copy all setting over using the following:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...y/mgrtfset.mspx

I have done this for some 1200 users before and actually it was very handy, but be warned, the setting files can reach huge proportions so be warned!

JimE