Gallery Not Working After Server Upgrade

nortk

I had been on server 16. Following the recent move over to a new better server (many thanks, by the way), images no longer show up in gallery. I'm not getting any other noticeable errors...it's just that wherever there should be images, there aren't.

I'll be happy to research this on my own, but I wanted to first find out if any Gallery users are aware of what might be the cause...perhaps it was the fact that PHP on the new server is 4.4.1, whereas it was, I think 4.3.x on server 16?

Anyway, any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Server 16 was at 4.4.1 for PHP. That was upgraded on all servers a while back. So I don't think it's a PHP issue.

What version of Gallery and were the images visible just before the move?

You should open a ticket with the help desk and have them take a quick look.

Actually, server 16 never did get its PHP upgraded. Back when the PHP upgrading went through, server 16 was having some issues with the upgrade. I had filed a support ticket, and they informed me that it would happen, but even as recently as just over a week ago, I noticed it was still stuck at the old version. So PHP could be a problem, but I don't know if it is the problem.

I'm using gallery version 2.0.1. And, honestly, it's just a site for fun, with very few photos, and I wouldn't mind just reinstalling it. But I'm just hoping this problem rings a bell with someone.

Are all permissions set as they should be?

I believe so. In particular, I was checking the permissions of the image folders and files. Looks like the folders are the Gallery-recommended 755, and the files are 644.

And, as a side note, I have the slideshow module installed. If I use it, the pictures show up just fine there.

Edited by nortk

I have gallery 2 on two different servers both running php 4.4.1 and not having any issues.

Thanks...I didn't really suspect that 4.4.1 was the issue, but rather, the move to a new server and an update to 4.4.1. Regardless, I've done a fresh install, and things seem to be back in order...except that I have to repopulate my albums.

I appreciate the input.

I have no idea if this is related, but one of my clients (I'm a reseller on server 15) contacted me over the weekend and said that all new photos she uploaded to her install of Gallery weren't showing up.

After poking around in the Site Admin for a bit to verify settings, I went into the Graphics Toolkits section and tested both GD and ImageMagick. It was showing that GD passed and ImageMagick failed when I tested them.

Her Gallery install was set to use ImageMagick first (under Toolkit Priority), and I'm assuming that she was having problems because since it was failing the tests. Once I switched Gallery to use GD first I rebuilt her images and everything is working fine.

I know server 15 was recently moved -- maybe the ImageMagick install is screwed up?