Ftp File Size Limit

nablusi

Greetings-

Using Filezilla, I just tried 3 times to upload a 65 mb zip file to my server by FTP, only to have it time out repeatedly at 23 mb. Is this a built in limit on the server?

The idea of uploading the file, was to enable a friend to download it from there- seemed like a good idea at the time :(

Is this is built in limit? Any suggestions for a work-around?

Thank you,

Nablusi

could be the program, when I joined TCH, I had to upload my site to here, and it was 85 megs, Zipped, an it went off without a hitch, I use filezilla, but for small files upto 5 megs

Just looked, the file is 87.5 megs

Edited by jayson

Don't know why this was in the CuteSite Builder/CuteFTP forum but if you are getting timeouts it could be you don't have enough space on your web site to upload that large a file.

Otherwise it could be a bad connection/routing/noise or some other communication problem.

Don't know why this was in the CuteSite Builder/CuteFTP forum but if you are getting timeouts it could be you don't have enough space on your web site to upload that large a file.

Otherwise it could be a bad connection/routing/noise or some other communication problem.

Hi Bruce- just looked for something concerning FTP- feel free to move the post.

THE BEST ANSWERS ARE THE SIMPLEST ONES <_< :blink: :(

just checked and the 23 mb was exactly what was left in the site allocation... :blush:

Enlarged allocation and everything is zooming- thanks to all for the response!

Nablusi