Joomla Memory Problems

chippy

Hello, I am trying to setup a website using the Joomla CMS system. All works ok except when I try to add new menu items where after selecting new menu item I get a blank page returned. After investigation on the web I found this article stating that Joomla needs php memory_limit set to 16k. As I undestand it the default at TCH is 8k. Has anyone else had this problem and is there any way to increase the PHP memory_limit setting.

Thanks, John Carpenter

I'm sure you meant MB limit and not KB limit but that is a system PHP ini setting that could only be changed by the help desk.

The minimum requirements do not mention any memory limits.

If you are sure that it requires the increase of memory then you will have to open a ticket with the help desk and see if they could or would change the value.

I'm sure you meant MB limit and not KB limit but that is a system PHP ini setting that could only be changed by the help desk.

The minimum requirements do not mention any memory limits.

If you are sure that it requires the increase of memory then you will have to open a ticket with the help desk and see if they could or would change the value.

Yes thats an oops Mb instead of Kb, must have been going back to my Sinclair Z80 days, thanks for replying.

Will open a ticket with the help desk, if they don't increase it I will look very silly because I recommended that they use TCH because of the good support they have provided in the past.

Also the growing number of Mambo to Joomla convertors will not be able to use TCH as their hosting service.

Maybe, but I did a search under Joomla and it only comes back with 3 entries in TCH forum.

I have no problems running the same site on my local server that has no entry for memory_limit in php.ini

I have submitted a ticket to support and hope they don't come back with 8mb is maximum allowed.

I run about a dozen sites with Joomla (and one or two still in Mambo) and do not have any problems. I suggest you search a different route, as I know I don't have memory issues.