Pdf Files And Search Engines

KevinW

A user on the Globalscape's CuteSITE Builder forum asked the following question:

I am interested in placing an Adobe PDF file on my site ... and have it indexable by the search engines.

Question: How to place online, step by step? Saw something on KW site about placing it as a download, but that would not make it indexable. I've gone to Google and have seen other sites with PDF's indexed, so apparently it can be done. Can I do this with CSB3?

I tried inserting it as an Ole object (whatever that is), but even though it appeared to work in CSB before publishing, all I got after publishing was a png image that was not clickable and did not link to anything (even though the pdf appeared to be uploaded to my site).

Any help would be appreciated.

My question is: will Google and the other search engines actually review the contents of a PDF file itself, or simply pick up the keywords and descriptions associated with the HTML page where the link to the PDF file is? Or some other idea or suggestion?

Thanks,

kw

I know there are several (or rather many) ways to create pdf files. After you create the pdf, look to see what text you can select and highlight within the file. If it highlights, then it can be read by a spider.

As you also mentioned, maximize the use of all your Meta tags.