Wordpress 2.0.1 Db Problems

bereninga

I am installing WP for the first time and I followed the instructions carefully and did everything right. I checked, double-checked, and then triple-checked my wp-config.php file. I tried to run the install file, but it didn't work. The only thing I can think of is that the db server is down.

Hello and welcome to the forum, bereninga. ;)

In wp-config, did you enter the information as below, also did you rename it from wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php?

define('DB_NAME', 'yourcpanelusername_databasename'); // The name of the database

define('DB_USER', 'yourcpanelusername_username'); // Your MySQL username

define('DB_PASSWORD', 'your desired password'); // ...and password

define('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); // 99% chance you won't need to change this value

Also, did you add the user to the database etc?

For a great movie tutorial on how to set up a database, please click here.

Thanks for the welcome! Geez, I'm sorry. I made a mistake in the config file. I was actually replacing the variable names instead of the values. Whoops! I also checked the server status, and the servers were working fine. ;) Thanks, though!

Btw, I like this quick edit in the forums! Very Web 2.0. Heh..

Edited by bereninga