Wordpress 2.01 Released

Done. I backed up my database, and then uploaded the zip file. Then I unzipped it using File Manager. Wento the upgrade.php page, and I'm done.

Man I love WordPress.

I couldn't agree more Tim. And it's getting to be more and more of a pain maintaing many installations. Which ones are running 1.5 and which ones are on 2.0 and now 2.01.

My biggest reason for not upgrading has been the new Upload feature. I use lots of images and being able to specify what folder I want to use for images is what I liked about all previous versions. I have no idea where they came up with this image upload scheme but I would never use it. I'll go back to FTPing my images where I want them before I use that feature now.

Upload feature??

I've been putting off upgrading from 2.0 to 2.0.1. I've just spent hours and hours moving a site over to a wordpress format. I have TONS of images which right now are in folders outside of my wordpress folder. If I upgrade will have have to change all those links?????

If I upgrade will have have to change all those links?????

No (not as long as the url is correct), this only effects new images being uploaded with the internal upload feature.

If they don't change it, I will just FTP my images where I want them and link them by hand.

Sherie,

I wouldn't anticipate any problems. I was able to complete the database backup (from cPanel), download the install from WordPress.org, upload the install to my hosting account, unzip the file on the server, and install it --- all in less than 5 minutes.

It really is an easy process!! :pissed: