Sign in to follow this  
Madmanmcp

Ie 7 Beta 2 Is Available

For those interested, the Preview for Internet Explorer 7 is available. Beta 2

This is NOT a supported version, if you install it and something breaks...oh well. This is strictly test software and not to be used by the faint of heart or computer challanged. (my disclaimer)

h_tp://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/default.mspx

Just a little suggestion: change the topic to "IE 7 beta 2 available", to avoid frustration feelings like I just had when I thought that the Beta was over and it would finally be launched :lol2:

By the way, for those of you who may find it strange for me to be eager for the launch of IE7, it's not because I'm changing my opinion about it. I still won't trust IE until it proves itself as a safe® piece of software. It's just that when IE7 launches, people will slowly start to upgrade and that will mean the beginning of the end of many headaches caused by the terrible CSS support IE 6 and its previous versions have ;)

"<moans>I'll never join you!</moans>"

"If you only knew the power of the dark side..."

:lol2:

Interesting changes they made. I like the Quick Tabs - wish FF would implement it.

I agree with you, Raul, that it will take lots of evidence for me to ever trust IE. There's already so much to the contrary already.

Evaluation of Internet Explorer 7 should start now, but the software should not be used on production systems in mission-critical environments.

Rob, maybe we should hold off loading it at work! :D

1. I am an admin.

2. I work at the largest defense and aerospace company in the country. What could be mission critical here?

I know it's just a beta but IE7 is loaded with bugs and a vulnerability has been reported.

It’s been about 24 hours since the Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Public Preview was released, and it’s time to say … oops. Security researcher Tom Ferris says he has found a vulnerability in the release. It’s in the URLMON.DLL and can either crash the browser or allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code when the DLL encounters a URL with the “file://” protocol followed by a long string of dashes (around 344 according the advisory).

I can vouch for the McAfee Security Center bug, When I open it I get a blank screen. I'll play a little longer and then nuke it and wait for an update.