Dutch Language Site, Billing And More

Guest Carin

Hello everyone, My little boy plays soccer, I'm webmaster for his soccerclub.

Now we had great hosting, but she decided to close down in 2 weeks. She had a mayor crash and I am just trying to add the forum back to our site again and so on when I read her email.....sadly this means we got to move again....

1. Since we are dutch, our soccer site for all soccer club people is dutch.

Our domain however is a .com because the dutch version has been bought, BUT the old webmaster keeps it hostage...yes dont ask about that 1.

anyways, since the old host is gonna close doors we are in search for a new hosting, we do not have a lot of money it's not a rich soccer club, but we like our website and we love to continue it.

So does Totalchoice allow foreign languages? I can assure you it's all very decent, but dutch

2. Next to that, if we pay monthly with my own paypal, can we give up the site on any month we want to, or do we need to notify 2 or 3 months ahead

3. And what's the uptime? With the server of our old host crashing and glitching we would love to be 'on air' 24/7 for at least a few months. Since the youth of the soccer club loves to chat in the forum.

Thanks for looking at this questions...

Hi Carin,

1. Dutch language is not a problem. We host sites in most languages.

2. You need to give 1 month (30 days) notice of cancellation.

3. Well over 99% uptime over the past year or two.

That sounds to good to be true, now we're not a big club either, so the 4 dollar plan should be enough for now for sure, is it any problem to switch to the next if it turns out we dont have enough bandwidth?

and you move from cpanels right, does this also include php bb forums?

Upgrade, downgrade or move sideways. The choice is yours, as often as you need to.

We will make every attempt to move your site for you, all of it.

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the welcome, boy does it look like family here, awesome!

I will register and sign up for hosting tomorrow morning it's midnight and i'm to tired to think more today.

Have a wondeful day for you Americans and will see you back laters!

Carin

Welcome to the forums Carin :)

if you have cpanel ask the techs to try and copy your site for you

Just open a help desk ticket (link at top of page)

and give them the login details at your old host and your new account here

most of the time the copy will work out just fine.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Well we just signed up for hosting, and we hope we are going to enjoy our 'new' place.

Steve, links exchanges are always welcome would be cool if we have a 'foreign link'

Welcome to the forums Carin, and welcome to the TCH family.

I love TCH for some of the very reasons talked about in this forum. No long-term contracts. Easy to switch from one plan to another.

If you can believe it, I even won free hosting for a month for one of my sites, just because I posted here in the forums.

Get ready to be impressed..... :)

Thank you abinidi, you sound like a tv commercial allready and congrats on winning a free month, that is something that really motivates for others as well!